Problems with 2070 super

1signig

There's a 6-pin connector and an 8-pin connector in this 2070 super. When the 6-pin is connected to the psu the pc works, but when both are plugged in it doesnt work at all. Why?

Do you have multiple 8 pin connectors? Sounds like maybe the cable is bad. Either that or try plugging the 8 pin cable into a different spot on the PSU if possible.

1 minute ago, featherwolf said:

Do you have multiple 8 pin connectors? Sounds like maybe the cable is bad. Either that or try plugging the 8 pin cable into a different spot on the PSU if possible.

the psu is semi-modular and doesn't have any other place where the gpu could be plugged in, other than the fan plug. The cable was bought 2nd hand from a shady website so that sounds like it could be the problem

Just now, 1signig said:

the psu is semi-modular and doesn't have any other place where the gpu could be plugged in, other than the fan plug. The cable was bought 2nd hand from a shady website so that sounds like it could be the problem

Yep, that's where I'd start. Good luck!

2 minutes ago, featherwolf said:

Yep, that's where I'd start. Good luck!

Can you recommend a place where i can buy a 6-pin to 6-pin pci-e cable?

Just now, 1signig said:

Can you recommend a place where i can buy a 6-pin to 6-pin cable?

That I'm not sure about, but if it were me I'd start with the manufacturer. Send them an email or call and tell them that you'd like to order new cables for your PSU. That way, you can be sure that the cables are a match for your PSU and that they will most likely work or return or exchange them if not. If your PSU is older and maybe discontinued, then I guess eBay would be next on my list. I would also probably accept that I may have to buy a set of cables rather than just the individual cable I'm looking for. If you have a micro center near by, it's totally worth giving them a call too.