GPU driver installation causes boot issues (unless uninstalled)

(I have edited this starting message to save you from scrolling down, reading about my admittedly late discoveries)

2 Weeks ago I built my first ever PC, it worked great for 2 weeks until yesterday morning I started it up, I noticed the boot screen (Motherboard brand logo + loading circles) froze, it tried again and then went into the automatic repair screen / menu. My PC was able to boot into Safe Mode and even into the regular windows 10, but only after going into the BIOS (Or safe mode) and just restarting or exiting. At that point I had no idea what could have caused this, except for a possible windows or driver update?

(Day 1) I noticed an error that told me there was a log file related to the error I was getting upon doing a repair startup (SrtTrail.txt),

inside of the log I had the error:

''0x825'' which was ''A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt.''

Repair action: Uninstall latest LCU

Today I reinstalled Windows 3 times (Entirely clean, I formatted my SSD), first 2 times due to encountering the issue again after installing AMD Adrenaline to get my GPU Drivers, the first time I thought it was a fluke so I tried again, after the second time I was very sure that was the issue. I would install the program, it would start, I would need to restart for the drivers to take effect, which then starts the boot cycle again. I've fixed it for the moment being by reverting the driver update inside of safe mode with the device manager, but I do not have any GPU drivers right now which is not ideal. I have tried different versions of Adrenaline (The most recent, and 20.2.2, I chose this version because I read in a post from another user with the exact same issue on these forums that that specific version seemed to work fine. Does anybody know what to do about this? Thank you!

Specs: Ryzen 5 3600x (Not overclocked)

RX 5500 XT 8GB

Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz

MSI X470 Gaming Pro max (Latest BIOS)

Seasonic GC 650 Watt

120 GB SSD (Boot drive)

2 TB HDD

I have included a .txt from my most recent automatic repair log, it was different from the first log from day 1.

But in short, here's the 2 errors from this time:

"Root cause found:

Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.

Repair action:

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x32

Time taken = 141 ms

------

Repair action: System files and integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

Time taken: 1141 ms''

SrtTrail.txt

Edited by 8BitItv
Editing original message for ease of access

Firstly to boot to windows directly try to put the boot drive to the boot priority then in the bios turn off any fast boot options and and hardware boot and a fresh windows 10 install will help and for problem 2

This game is not well optimized as these proplem happens with less demanding titles and even in steam reviews the graphics is a common problem and windows task manager is more accurate than Radeon adrinaline and better use MSI afterburner 

Hey! Thanks for responding. My SSD with the OS was already set as the boot priority, and all fast boot settings were disabled prior. I'm currently reinstalling windows 10 to see if this fixes the issue.

As for Subnautica, and the clock speeds, MSI afterburner showed the same results and this issue (the boot issue and Subnautica's low performance) were not present before today, in fact, Subnautica ran perfectly fine!

I now have a clean install of windows 10, its the second one today in fact, I believe its AMD Adrenaline causing the issue, on my first install I had to restart to get the driver for my GPU, which immediately caused the boot loop / crash again --- After some digging I found that a log was made with the errors, srtTrail.txt, error 0x825. ''A recently serviced boot binary is corrupt''.

My Windows 10 currently runs fine, I've checked if the issue would return (without installing AMD Adrenaline) and it seems that its all good. However! I don't have my GPU drivers now, and would like to know how to avoid this issue, but also get my drivers installed. Thank you!

I attempted to install an older version of Adrenaline (Version 20.2.2) because I read some posts from someone on these forums with the same issue that this version seemed to solve it - For me it didn't unfortunately. I'm right back to the Boot crash and looping after I had to restart my PC to install those video drivers. This time however there's a different error inside of SrtTrail.txt this time.

I have included the Error log by using a USB to get it on my old laptop. 

I will also write the errors here for ease of access:

"Root cause found:

Unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused the problem.

Repair action:

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x32

Time taken = 141 ms

------

Repair action: System files and integrity check and repair

Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

Time taken: 1141 ms''

Does anyone know the cause of this? I suspect its the GPU drivers, as both times it occurred after installing them - But the first time it happened (After 2 weeks of my PC being fine) I didn't understand what could've caused it.

Edit: I've uninstalled the video driver via the device management inside of Safe mode, and can now boot properly again, but still don't have my GPU Driver (of course)

SrtTrail.txt

Edited by 8BitItv
Adding a little update as to what I've done

Another little update: I'm attempting to send my RX 5500 XT back to the store I bought it from and a GTX 1660 Super is already on the way. I'd rather not have headaches about driver issues, to the point where my windows doesn't boot. I am however still looking for help if this issue persists on my GTX 1660, but I'll just have to wait and see.