New PC won't post

lightslayer81
Go to solution Solved by lightslayer81,
17 hours ago, BOOM BOX said:

Okay, I would say wait until your PSU arrives and if you're having the same issue come back to this post I guess. Out of sheer curiousity, what PSU are you getting?

17 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well I was wondering about the PSU and was going to mention it's missing from the parts list and you kinda need one to post the system with......

But then further reading had me understanding that it wouldn't post because you didn't have the Cpu power pin 8 and 4 pins. You actually only need one or the other and the PC should have posted. 

Alas, I find myself bringing the news that I am doubtful a new PSU is going to post this system as I figure (and I shouldnt ever assume) the old PSU was from a good working pull of similar wattage pull on the 12v rail. 

I hope to see the results to be positive once your new PSU arrives. Good Luck.

(ps - Give the board a few minutes to post after you've done a clear cmos reset. 10 seconds, 15 if you count fast. Wait 5 seconds then power button. Give the PC 120-180 seconds before user intervention. Also, post codes and beeps help too. If you have some, lay them out and I'll look them up....**they should be in the manual**)

Well got the new psu in mail today connected everything and the system posted, looks like the asus rog strix x570 E gaming needs both the 8 and 4 pin connection with a ryzen 7 3700x. old psu is a xfx 1050w from about 6 years ago new one is the one in the link above.

I recently got parts for a new pc and after putting it together it wont post. The rgb lights light up on the mobo and aio cooler but once i push the power button the fans kick on for a second then nothing.

i reseated all parts double check all connections even returned the Mobo for a new one of same model, the only thing left is to wait on a new psu i ordered since my old one doesn't have the 2 power connections for the 8+4 pin cpu connection.

after doing some research i found conflicting information stating that some mobo's wont start unless it reads a power connection from all parts and others stating that the extra 4 aren't needed.

parts:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix x570-E

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Memory: G.Skill Trident NEO 3600Mhz 32gb KIT (some video editing)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX 5700XT-8GB OC

COOLER: ASUS ROG Strix RYUO

Storage: XPG S50 1TB x2

22 minutes ago, lightslayer81 said:

I recently got parts for a new pc and after putting it together it wont post. The rgb lights light up on the mobo and aio cooler but once i push the power button the fans kick on for a second then nothing.

i reseated all parts double check all connections even returned the Mobo for a new one of same model, the only thing left is to wait on a new psu i ordered since my old one doesn't have the 2 power connections for the 8+4 pin cpu connection.

after doing some research i found conflicting information stating that some mobo's wont start unless it reads a power connection from all parts and others stating that the extra 4 aren't needed.

parts:

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix x570-E

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x

Memory: G.Skill Trident NEO 3600Mhz 32gb KIT (some video editing)

GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RX 5700XT-8GB OC

COOLER: ASUS ROG Strix RYUO

Storage: XPG S50 1TB x2

Well I was wondering about the PSU and was going to mention it's missing from the parts list and you kinda need one to post the system with......

But then further reading had me understanding that it wouldn't post because you didn't have the Cpu power pin 8 and 4 pins. You actually only need one or the other and the PC should have posted. 

Alas, I find myself bringing the news that I am doubtful a new PSU is going to post this system as I figure (and I shouldnt ever assume) the old PSU was from a good working pull of similar wattage pull on the 12v rail. 

(ps - Give the board a few minutes to post after you've done a clear cmos reset. 10 seconds, 15 if you count fast. Wait 5 seconds then power button. Give the PC 120-180 seconds before user intervention. Also, post codes and beeps help too. If you have some, lay them out and I'll look them up....**they should be in the manual**)

What sort of codes is you board throwing? Are they throwing any at all?

Just now, BOOM BOX said:

What sort of codes is you board throwing? Are they throwing any at all?

nothing at all

1 minute ago, lightslayer81 said:

nothing at all

Okay, I would say wait until your PSU arrives and if you're having the same issue come back to this post I guess. Out of sheer curiousity, what PSU are you getting?

17 hours ago, BOOM BOX said:

17 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

Well got the new psu in mail today connected everything and the system posted, looks like the asus rog strix x570 E gaming needs both the 8 and 4 pin connection with a ryzen 7 3700x. old psu is a xfx 1050w from about 6 years ago new one is the one in the link above.

5 minutes ago, lightslayer81 said:

I had a feeling that might of been it but God damn talk about weird. Anywho, have fun.