I Need Help Connecting my Samsung R550 Soundbar to my PC

GeeGee

Hello everyone, I had built a PC for normal and slight gaming use. I'm currently using Ryzen 3 2200G and Gigabyte Aorus B450M. I do not have a video card for this (I'm poor and that's that). My Monitor is connected to the System Unit via HDMI. The problem is that I don't have any idea how to connect the Soundbar to the PC. These are the things I need to check:

The Soundbar (Samsung R550) has the following ports:

• HDMI IN
  • HDMI OUT (TV-ARC)
  • AUX IN
  • USB (5V 0.5A)
  • DIGITAL AUDIO IN (Optical)

1. HDMI's are currently the issue here since I'm also using HDMI to connect the monitor to the system unit. DVI-D is out because my monitor doesn't have one. I'm planning to buy a DisplayPort to DVI-D to connect the Monitor (DP) to the Motherboard (DVI-D). Then connect the HDMI from the Soundbar to the motherboard.
  2. If the setup #1 won't work, the Soundbar also have an AUX IN which I assume is a 3.5mm port. I'm planning to buy a 3.5m male-to-male cable for this, then connect the cable from the system unit directly to the Soundbar.
  3. Last option here is to connect the Soundbar's HDMI Out (TV-ARC) to the Monitor's HDMI, then the Monitor's DisplayPort to the motherboard's DVI-D.

I'm really not sure if things will workout like I wanted, which is why I'm asking if this will work. I'm not techie enough to solve this problem. Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Here's the manual for the Samsung R550 Soundbar.

Here's the ports of the Monitor.

Here's the ports of the motherboard.

3 hours ago, GeeGee said:

Hello everyone, I had built a PC for normal and slight gaming use. I'm currently using Ryzen 3 2200G and Gigabyte Aorus B450M. I do not have a video card for this (I'm poor and that's that). My Monitor is connected to the System Unit via HDMI. The problem is that I don't have any idea how to connect the Soundbar to the PC. These are the things I need to check:

The Soundbar (Samsung R550) has the following ports:

• HDMI IN
  • HDMI OUT (TV-ARC)
  • AUX IN
  • USB (5V 0.5A)
  • DIGITAL AUDIO IN (Optical)

1. HDMI's are currently the issue here since I'm also using HDMI to connect the monitor to the system unit. DVI-D is out because my monitor doesn't have one. I'm planning to buy a DisplayPort to DVI-D to connect the Monitor (DP) to the Motherboard (DVI-D). Then connect the HDMI from the Soundbar to the motherboard.
  2. If the setup #1 won't work, the Soundbar also have an AUX IN which I assume is a 3.5mm port. I'm planning to buy a 3.5m male-to-male cable for this, then connect the cable from the system unit directly to the Soundbar.
  3. Last option here is to connect the Soundbar's HDMI Out (TV-ARC) to the Monitor's HDMI, then the Monitor's DisplayPort to the motherboard's DVI-D.

I'm really not sure if things will workout like I wanted, which is why I'm asking if this will work. I'm not techie enough to solve this problem. Anyway, thanks for reading this.

Here's the manual for the Samsung R550 Soundbar.

Here's the ports of the Monitor.

Here's the ports of the motherbo

An aux cable will do fine and it's going to be the cheapest (as far as I'm concerned, audio quality won't be affected at all), you can either connect it to the monitor (green output) or the motherboard (the middle green port); most of the times, the motherboard will have better sound processing than the monitors, so you should connect it there. 

Also, if your pc case doesn't have an aux port at the front, you can buy a jack splitter so you can also connect headphones and stuff without having to unplug the soundbar. Both cables will cost about 3-5 bucks on Amazon.