Recommendations needed by the software...

Jamie Walters
I'm looking for suggestions for a final computer Holiday build. I'm tired of patching & upgrading work computers to get by. Watching Linus YouTube video's I'm envious of wanting to build an AMD Ryzen 9 3950X, but need help in picking a case, max. memory, mother board, video card and drives for mass storage.

My old system that has been upgraded and limped along:
HP OptiPlex 780
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU
E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
16 Gig Ram maximum
64 Bit Windows 10
AMD FirePro V7900 - running 4 HP Elite Displays E232 Monitors

My needs have changed from database information of excel, word, Corel 9, Adobe Suit. 

Current needs & new purchased software: 
1. I have a graphic shop and 52" Ioline vinyl plotter (Corel 18, ACDsee full version)
2. Ohio State Beekeepers Association, traveling speaker for pollinators, and wanting to put together educational video's & podcasts (Hit Film Pro 13, Sound Forge Pro 13)
3. Fun stuff: (Real Flight G3.5 & Doom External)
4. Office work (Microsoft office, PowerPoint, word, excel)

I do want to keep my 4 stack monitor system, but need help with the new build. As you can see my current computer is choking to death when running multiple applications (don't laugh). After watching Linus & the team, with builds and custom gear, I'm looking forward to not waiting for the computer to catch up (round and round) and finally getting something done quicker. Amazon links or full list to buy the new toys will greatly be appreciated.

Thank you for your time in advance...

Fight for the Pollinators,
Jamie Walters

What’s your budget? If there’s no budget Imma just add the $10k nvidia quadro and call it a day

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

@Juular For professional graphics design and adobe suite, it will be future proof and highly performing

Just now, Windoors said:

@Juular For professional graphics design and adobe suite, it will be future proof and highly performing

Adobe CC suite are mostly single-threaded, only video editing software somewhat benefits from high MT performance but still to some degree and he didn't mention Premiere.

pic_disp.php?id=56165&width=800

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Photoshop-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-2-Intel-9th-Gen-Intel-X-series-1529/

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Premiere-Pro-CPU-Roundup-AMD-Ryzen-3rd-Gen-AMD-Threadripper-2-Intel-9th-Gen-Intel-X-series-1535/

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

@Juular from the context this guy is giving, he might be a professional, and for professionals, time is money, so even if the 3600 works pretty good, they might benefit exceptionally from those few seconds shaved off. Hence why I asked for the budget, if they got cash to burn and need an ultra powerful computer for work...

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

2 hours ago, Jumballi said:

What’s your budget? If there’s no budget Imma just add the $10k nvidia quadro and call it a day

$3000.00 is the top of my budget for now. I just don't want to be upgrading again in another 2 years like I do now.

1 minute ago, Jamie Walters said:

$3000.00 is the top of my budget for now. I just don't want to be upgrading again in another 2 years like I do now.

Go with the amd r9-3900x or 3950x

for gpu the nvidia rtx 2080 ti

ram go with 4 sticks of 16gb 3600mhz for a total of 64gb

everything else just use pc part picker to see what compatible, the 3 above are just much much more expensive that everything else combined.

you shouldn’t need to upgrade in 2-3 years, but depending on your workflow, you might need to. That said, usually most older pc were replaced because the hard drive got slow, and new ssd should help alleviate that.

now if this is for some super professional stuff, and only if you can bump your budget to $5000, go with the amd threadripper and nvidia titan rtx. This is obviously the don’t replace in 3+ years

2 hours ago, Jumballi said:

@Juular from the context this guy is giving, he might be a professional, and for professionals, time is money, so even if the 3600 works pretty good, they might benefit exceptionally from those few seconds shaved off. Hence why I asked for the budget, if they got cash to burn and need an ultra powerful computer for work...

Thank you for both of your inputs. Time is money at this point, putting together powerpoints with video, podcasting, and the sign shop are my biggest time crunches. The only reason I chose Corel, I trained in Corel for years. 

19 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Go with the amd r9-3900x or 3950x

for gpu the nvidia rtx 2080 ti

ram go with 4 sticks of 16gb 3600mhz for a total of 64gb

everything else just use pc part picker to see what compatible, the 3 above are just much much more expensive that everything else combined.

you shouldn’t need to upgrade in 2-3 years, but depending on your workflow, you might need to. That said, usually most older pc were replaced because the hard drive got slow, and new ssd should help alleviate that.

now if this is for some super professional stuff, and only if you can bump your budget to $5000, go with the amd threadripper and nvidia titan rtx. This is obviously the don’t replace in 3+ years

What is the best motherboard to carry the AMD 3950X?  I've put the $20 deposit for the ProSiphon Elite - IceGiant cooler or would you use water coling?

2 minutes ago, Jamie Walters said:

What is the best motherboard to carry the AMD 3950X?  I've put the $20 deposit for the ProSiphon Elite - IceGiant cooler or would you use water coling?

The best motherboard would be an x570 motherboard, there’s a huge variety, however since it has the new pcie 4.0, which runs warmer than pcie 3.0, look for one that’s a bit pricier than you might be hoping for, the beefier vrm coolers should allow for some better performance.

as for cooler, the one you have selected it an amazing air cooler, water loops do provide added performance when overclocking, but since this is professional, I’d advise against it because there’s the chance for a leak or crash and you could lose months of work. The 10% gains are really just for gamers anyway.

8 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

The best motherboard would be an x570 motherboard, there’s a huge variety, however since it has the new pcie 4.0, which runs warmer than pcie 3.0, look for one that’s a bit pricier than you might be hoping for, the beefier vrm coolers should allow for some better performance.

as for cooler, the one you have selected it an amazing air cooler, water loops do provide added performance when overclocking, but since this is professional, I’d advise against it because there’s the chance for a leak or crash and you could lose months of work. The 10% gains are really just for gamers anyway.

x570 mother boards?  brand?

Just now, Jamie Walters said:

x570 mother boards?  brand?

X570 is the series, basically many brands make a motherboard to a specification set by the cpu maker. Just use pc part picker and it will tell you which motherboards are compatible. I’m just saying that somewhere in the motherboard name, it should say x570.