GPU suddenly won't start

mariusfug

Okay so I just finished my new build yesterday, and I powered it up with a monitor and everything seemed to work fine.

I installed Windows 10 on it, and started on the process of downloading programs. I downloaded Gigabyte's RGB Fusion software because I wanted to change the colors on my RGB in the cabinet.

Here's the thing. My computer is currently placed on a small table that I used during the build, and I put up the monitor on the same table, so right now I can't see the front of the cabinet while using the monitor. That's why I decided to turn the cabinet around a little so that I actually could see the RGB while adjusting it on the software instead of having to go around the table for every time I made a change. And that's when things started to go bad. While trying to turn the computer around, a small part of it slipped off the edge of the table, and in order to prevent it from falling, I took a good grip around the area where my GPU sits (on the outside). The computer had maybe a 5-10 degree angle, but I saved it pretty fast.

Right after I got the computer back on the table, I noticed that I didn't have any picture on my monitor anymore, and the HDMI 1 indication on the monitor was flashing, as if the monitor was searching for a signal. I tried to reboot the computer, and that's when I realized that my GPU didn't have any lights anymore, and the fans didn't spin. Also, my AIO pump started to make a constant water noise, but I did a bit of research and this is apparently not a problem (?).

Does anyone have any tips as to what could do this? All the parts are brand new, including the monitor

Did you try to reseat everything ? GPU in PCI-e slot, GPU power cables, HDMI cable.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

I tried to take out the GPU now and connect the HDMI cable into the motherboard to reach the motherboard BIOS. The monitor can't find an HDMI signal, so I suspect it might be the motherboard...