Worrying sound

Hello:)

I'm relatively new to hardware. I built my current system a couple of years ago and have since upgraded some hardware.

Latley I have started to notice kind of a throttling sound, for the most part my system sounds normal but it happens a couple of times

per data sesh. 

I'm worried that it's the PSU since it's only on 430 Watts. I did check with a Online Wattage calculator but it said that 430 should be enough.

Thanks for any help in advance!

(first post)

btw if necessary I can try post a sound file.

Post a sound file, but also pay attention to where the sound is coming from. Listen near fans and near your HDD. Does the sound appear under specific loads (reading/writing large files or during a game)? Don't be afraid to open up the case and stick your ear in there.

On 12/6/2019 at 1:07 AM, WSADKeysGaming said:

A sound file might be really helpful.

On 12/6/2019 at 2:38 AM, shadowstar1000 said:

Post a sound file, but also pay attention to where the sound is coming from. Listen near fans and near your HDD. Does the sound appear under specific loads (reading/writing large files or during a game)? Don't be afraid to open up the case and stick your ear in there.

OK so I tried to reccord a soundfile with my phone but you coulnt hear anything duo the fan noices. However, I tried a stress test for both GPU and CPU and there was no throtteling sound. But when I was downloading HeavyLoad to my HDD I noticed that the sound was starting again so I stuck my ear in the case and what do you know? It was the HDD making them noices, Do you reccon this is bad or fine? Thanks

11 hours ago, JohnnyCash said:

OK so I tried to reccord a soundfile with my phone but you coulnt hear anything duo the fan noices. However, I tried a stress test for both GPU and CPU and there was no throtteling sound. But when I was downloading HeavyLoad to my HDD I noticed that the sound was starting again so I stuck my ear in the case and what do you know? It was the HDD making them noices, Do you reccon this is bad or fine? Thanks

I would recommend CrystalDiskInfo to run a comprehensive test with S.M.A.R.T. to see if everything inside is in working order. Otherwise a new hard drive (or solid state) is recommended to prevent data loss.

12 hours ago, WSADKeysGaming said:

I would recommend CrystalDiskInfo to run a comprehensive test with S.M.A.R.T. to see if everything inside is in working order. Otherwise a new hard drive (or solid state) is recommended to prevent data loss.

image.png.cfa2ae3d80b1f7375776c94ff5d17485.pngSo this is the result after testing. I have no idea what this means, hopefully you can help?

I'm not familiar with that specific piece of software, but there should be a test you can run called SMART, it'll tell you if it detects any issues with the HDD. A little bit of sound is to be expected from a HDD (remember, it has very fast moving parts). If you're worried I'd throw anything super important on Google Drive asap until you can either figure out if its a healthy drive or get a new drive in there.

10 hours ago, JohnnyCash said:

image.png.cfa2ae3d80b1f7375776c94ff5d17485.pngSo this is the result after testing. I have no idea what this means, hopefully you can help?

that is crystaldiskmark, which tests the speed of your hard drive. You need to use crystaldiskinfo, which helps determine any errors in your hard drive. Follow the download button for the link I sent.