HTC VIVE Cabling

Thedevi

Does anyone know the longest distance you can go with a usb and hdmi cable for the htc vive.

i want to know because i only have one VR ready pc in my house and i have a super sick spot to put my vive but dont want to move my whole setup

thanks in advance!

The Vive has a breakout box, This means there is a cable from the headset to the box, and then from the box there's a power Cabloe, a HDMI cable to your GPU and a USB cable, Assumming you have convienient wall sockets, You can get a Long HDMI cable and a long USB male-male cable and you're set!

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X 4.4GHz | GPU: RTX 3070 FE | RAM: Corsair Dominator RGB 4x8GB 3600MHz DDR4 | MoBo: ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII  | Case: Corsair 5000D AF CPU cooler: Corsair H150i CapellixPSU: Corsair RM850x |

2 minutes ago, LambdaCat said:

The Vive has a breakout box, This means there is a cable from the headset to the box, and then from the box there's a power Cabloe, a HDMI cable to your GPU and a USB cable, Assumming you have convienient wall sockets, You can get a Long HDMI cable and a long USB male-male cable and you're set!

That's what I did, 15' HDMI and a 16' active USB cable between the PC and link box.  I tried a 25' HDMI cable but had some red flashing artifacts.

19 minutes ago, LambdaCat said:

I’m aware of the break out box but I’m wondering just how long the usb and hdmi cables can be

13 minutes ago, johnny5c said:

That's what I did, 15' HDMI and a 16' active USB cable between the PC and link box.  I tried a 25' HDMI cable but had some red flashing artifacts.

Yea I heard about that how long do you think I can go without the artifacts

2 minutes ago, Thedevi said:

Yea I heard about that how long do you think I can go without the artifacts

You might be okay with a 20' cable because I only had minimal artifacts with the 25'.