PC Hard Reboot

PortalToNoMansLand
Go to solution Solved by PortalToNoMansLand,
Just now, rmnsachy said:

i would upgrade your psu 

most likely its not able to push enough power under load

try a 750 or higher

buy new dont secound hand

if you have any freinds with a 750 or higher try and see if you can test your system with their psu to validate

but i do think that your psu is the issue 

im going to upgrade it to a 1000 watt. since there cheap rn. thanks my man. 

Hi, so i've been having a problem with my pc that some games cause it to hard reboot. what i mean by hard reboot. it will shut my system down with no bluescreen, and just reboot it self. the game i notice it in the most is star wars jedi fallen order. randomly it will just do the hard reboot. it sometimes does it when i try to launch steam vr. but it only happens 30% of the time. i've tried multiple things. like reinstalling graphics drivers. resitting stuff. like my gpu and ram. but nothing works. thanks for reading and i hope one of you fine people can help solve my problem. thanks.

Same issue happened to me as well. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and it did nothing. It did go away after awhile, but that was when I discovered advanced power settings. Maybe try disabling Fast Boot in power settings and shut down and turn on your computer.

49 minutes ago, Grayson Pollard said:

Same issue happened to me as well. I did a clean reinstall of Windows 10 and it did nothing. It did go away after awhile, but that was when I discovered advanced power settings. Maybe try disabling Fast Boot in power settings and shut down and turn on your computer.

it kinda worked. but thanks. it did let me play for longer before crashes tho

1 hour ago, PortalToNoMansLand said:

it kinda worked. but thanks. it did let me play for longer before crashes tho

what specs are your system

Ryzen 7 5800x, eVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC 8GB, Kingston Fury 32GB 3200 MHz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB M.2, 3X Seagate 1TB HDD 7200Rpm, 2TB Seagate HDD, Cooler Master V 750W 80PLUS Gold Full Modular Power Supply, CoolerMaster N200

1 minute ago, PortalToNoMansLand said:

i9-9900k

2080ti

16 GB ddr4 3200mhz

what psu are you using?

Ryzen 7 5800x, eVGA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti XC 8GB, Kingston Fury 32GB 3200 MHz, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB M.2, 3X Seagate 1TB HDD 7200Rpm, 2TB Seagate HDD, Cooler Master V 750W 80PLUS Gold Full Modular Power Supply, CoolerMaster N200

3 minutes ago, PortalToNoMansLand said:

650 w 80+

i would upgrade your psu 

try a 750 or higher

if you have any freinds with a 750 or higher try and see if you can test your system with their psu to validate

Just now, rmnsachy said:

i would upgrade your psu 

try a 750 or higher

im going to upgrade it to a 1000 watt. since there cheap rn. thanks my man.