Crazy Optiplex sleeper

On 4/19/2022 at 6:18 PM, Zloth89 said:

Hey sorry I know I'm resurrecting a deadthreadbut I just wanted to know how you handled Dell's proprietary front panel USB 2.0/audio header? I have an optiplex 7020 with a 4th gen i5 and I need to replace the motherboard and would prefer to not replace the case of I don't absolutely have to and I've found some good deals on some old Asus boards for 4th gen core I just need to figure out that front panel I'm pretty sure the usb3.0 is standard but the USB 2.0 and audio and hdd led are all in a proprietary 20 pin header 馃槙

I actually didn't plug those in. I bought some standard front panel usb 3.0 ports from ebay, took apart the case, and made them fit in the same spot as the old ones. If you don't want to do that, one thing you could do is get some jumper wires, look at the pinout of that front panel connector, and just connect each wire to their respective spot on the motherboard. That's what I did with the power button. Hope that makes sense. Here's a pinout I found that should be the right one?聽

Pinout.PNG

As an Optiplexer myself,聽馃い

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

聽-Rakshit Jain