Periodic stutters

K7Syndrome

Hi, I'm playing apex legends and my PC stutters periodically pretty heavily, once every minute or so I will have around 1 and 2 fps for a few seconds, and then the game just goes back to normal, solid 75fps.

Here is my config :

Ryzen 5 3600 + 16Go ddr4 3000Mhz, RTX 2070 super (I upgraded recently and the problem is the same as when I had a 4670k 16Go ddr3 and an r9 290). The game runs off an HDD. Screen : 3440*1440 (I had the problem at 1080p as well). I'm also using an external sound card.

The problem occurs every time I play apex, but the stutters seem to last for longer when my PC has been up for a while, or even worse after being in sleep mode, and I have almost no issue after a reboot. I also have the impression that the problem also happens outside games in regular use after I have played for some time. I tried every graphics settings but no matter the quality in which I play, the game runs at 75fps outside of the stutters.

I screenshot the moment where the stutter happens below. You can see that there is a dip in graphics card usage and a small bump in CPU usage.

Is this a common issue ? I've had some small micro stutters in the past, but never this bad, it really ruins the gameplay.

dciod8gl88h31.jpg

with the system swap, did you fresh install windows?

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

21 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

with the system swap, did you fresh install windows?

No, but it happened to me for another instance of windows as well