I cant fullscreen

Hunter343

Hi, ive already posted something like this before but i didnt quite fix my problem as no one could find out what was wrong with my PC.
So basically whats been happening is that ever since i updated my windows back in the beginning of 2018, my monitor would keep blacking out wen i went fullscreen in a game and also in discord video files like twitch clips youtube clips or anything like that, but when i go to twitch and youtube and i fullscreen there is nothing wrong and i can view the content just fine. My monitor will start blacking out whenever i fullscreen a game or discord.

Specs (maybe it might help)

CPU: ryzen 3 2200g

GPU: RX560 4GB

MB: msi-B350M PRO-VDH

RAM: 8GB 2400hz DDR4

PSU: EVGA bronze 450W

I've tried so many things before trying to fix it and when i couldnt do anything about it i ended up resorting to playing my games in windowed mode, but now its starting to get really annoying and im considering buying a new monitor, but i dont want to if it isnt necessary.

There is one game though that is quite different and thats fortnite, i found a solution for fortnite and thats to change the resolution to my monitor size in the files and put it in windowed mode, so that when i aligned it, it would remove the taskbar and i was practically playing on fullscreen but not getting any black cut outs. Though i dont know how to access the files of other games so ive never tried it before.

I appreciate all your responses.

33 minutes ago, Hunter343 said:

Hi, ive already posted something like this before but i didnt quite fix my problem as no one could find out what was wrong with my PC.
So basically whats been happening is that ever since i updated my windows back in the beginning of 2018, my monitor would keep blacking out wen i went fullscreen in a game and also in discord video files like twitch clips youtube clips or anything like that, but when i go to twitch and youtube and i fullscreen there is nothing wrong and i can view the content just fine. My monitor will start blacking out whenever i fullscreen a game or discord.

I've tried so many things before trying to fix it and when i couldnt do anything about it i ended up resorting to playing my games in windowed mode, but now its starting to get really annoying and im considering buying a new monitor, but i dont want to if it isnt necessary.

There is one game though that is quite different and thats fortnite, i found a solution for fortnite and thats to change the resolution to my monitor size in the files and put it in windowed mode, so that when i aligned it, it would remove the taskbar and i was practically playing on fullscreen but not getting any black cut outs. Though i dont know how to access the files of other games so ive never tried it before.

always make sure your running at your native resolution. that helped me. 

my native res is 2560 x 1080 and so are the games i play in full screen in the game settings.

i would recommend going through the process. check display setting make sure they are on defualt and scaling is at 100% no more no less.

go into Radeon settings and make sure GPU scaling is off and virtual Super Resolution is off. then make sure under gaming tab that in your global settings you dont have something marked for changing resolution. 

35 minutes ago, Hunter343 said:

do you happen to have another monitor to test with? maybe its not the monitor itself but instead its the gpu

2 hours ago, Ichoumaz said:

do you happen to have another monitor to test with? maybe its not the monitor itself but instead its the gpu

i did have one and i was looking for it this morning but i couldnt find it, i might try to test it with my tv if the first guys advice doesnt work

18 hours ago, Hunter343 said:

i did have one and i was looking for it this morning but i couldnt find it, i might try to test it with my tv if the first guys advice doesnt work

alright, hope it works out

23 hours ago, Hunter343 said:

Try another monitor anyways! you never know. BUT im thinking this is a software issue somewhere, 

Always run Native to what your monitor runs at, its best. Unless you have a 4k monitor and want to run 1080 go for it.

Just search everything that has Scaling or resolution or what not. Let us know!