Need help choosing a second hand PC

Bashrag

We've finally saved up enough to be able to upgrade my SO's PC. She plays two games: Overwatch and The Elder Scrolls Online. It would be amazing if she could play ESO at High or more settings as that game has some nice eye-candy. She isn't too fussed about OW and doesn't mind bumping the visuals down for more frames.

I figured that we'd probably get better value for money by buying a second hand PC than by building a new one. There will definitely be two monitors connected to the system. One will be 120 Hz or more (she doesn't mind sticking to 1080 for the FPS) and the second monitor will be a random, cheap-ass monitor that'll mostly be used for twitter or whatever else. She already has all the peripherals so we won't need to spend on that.

Based on the advice I got from the last couple of threads I made about this, I made a bit of a shortlist of potential PCs. If y'all have a minute, it'd be great if y'all could have a look at the list and help me figure out where the most value for money lies. There are a lot of specs flying around and I don't feel confident enough to make a good call! Here's the list I put together: https://1drv.ms/x/s!Am784yDcR96DgtgzUPDbffYL2836mA. I've put all the info that I could find in the ads in that sheet. Some details might be missing, but that's because the person posting the ad did not mention them.

UPDATE: Turns out that the PCs that were my first and second preferences are actually brand new. They're put together by locals who build PCs and sell them off on this platform as a side gig. Does that make them any any more attractive?

Here's what my SO's tower has at the moment: 

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650

RAM: 16 GB (Not sure if DDR3/4/5)

Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB

The system info dialogue has no information about what the motherboard is and I'm not sure what PSU the thing has.

at that point... why not brand new?

650w is overkill btw, but the pricing was too good to pass

What's the benefit of just getting a better GPU?  That CPU is decent enough for those games.

"Do what makes the experience better" - in regards to PCs and Life itself.

Onyx AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d / MSI 6900xt Gaming X Trio / Gigabyte B650 AORUS Pro AX / G. Skill Flare X5 6000CL36 32GB / Samsung 980 1TB x3 / Super Flower Leadex V Platinum Pro 850 / EK-AIO 360 Basic / Fractal Design North XL (black mesh) / AOC AGON 35" 3440x1440 100Hz / Mackie CR5BT / Corsair Virtuoso SE / Cherry MX Board 3.0 / Logitech G502

7800X3D - PBO -30 all cores, 4.90GHz all core, 5.05GHz single core, 18286 C23 multi, 1779 C23 single

Emma : i9 9900K @5.1Ghz - Gigabyte AORUS 1080Ti - Gigabyte AORUS Z370 Gaming 5 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3200CL16 - 750 EVO 512GB + 2x 860 EVO 1TB (RAID0) - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm - Fractal Design Define R6 - TP-Link AC1900 PCIe Wifi

Raven: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x3d - ASRock B550M Pro4 - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 3200Mhz - XFX Radeon RX6650XT - Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial MX500 1TB - TP-Link AC600 USB Wifi - Gigabyte GP-P450B PSU -  Cooler Master MasterBox Q300L -  Samsung 27" 1080p

Plex : AMD Ryzen 5 5600 - Gigabyte B550M AORUS Elite AX - G. Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2400Mhz - MSI 1050Ti 4GB - Crucial P3 Plus 500GB + WD Red NAS 4TBx2 - TP-Link AC1200 PCIe Wifi - EVGA SuperNova 650 P2 - ASUS Prime AP201 - Spectre 24" 1080p

Steam Deck 512GB OLED

OnePlus: 

OnePlus 11 5G - 16GB RAM, 256GB NAND, Eternal Green

OnePlus Buds Pro 2 - Eternal Green

Other Tech:

- 2021 Volvo S60 Recharge T8 Polestar Engineered - 415hp/495tq 2.0L 4cyl. turbocharged, supercharged and electrified.

Lenovo 720S Touch 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400MHz, 512GB NVMe SSD, 1050Ti, 4K touchscreen

MSI GF62 15.6" - i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM 2400 MHz, 256GB NVMe SSD + 1TB 7200rpm HDD, 1050Ti

- Ubiquiti Amplifi HD mesh wifi

My opinion...for these prices...buy a new one...I did a little build for your budget of around 1000 $.

You can change some part to safe some more money...you can add an second Storage option later on you have upgradability in it 650 W is good enough for an better Videocard in the future if need...But for Overwatch and ESO on an up to 144 hz Monitor this should be a breath.

I build you an 2nd Option a little more budget:

You could change some parts...example the video card to an new ATI one but im not an Fan of ATI because of there Driver Support issus...they have to prove themselfs in the future there in my opinion.

Both of those System should be able to play Overwatch and ESO without any problems on max settings. Overwatch mabye with minor graphic tweaking one the Geforce RTX 2060 (im not an Overwatch player myself :)) @144 fps for your 120 hz or 144 hz Panel.

Thank you so much, folks. 
To everyone asking me why I didn't consider getting something new with that budget: I had absolutely no idea I could get something of this level at that price point. I've only ever used gaming laptops and they tend to be a fair bit more expensive. I will definitely look into these builds in detail when I'm off work. Totally going to play around with PCPartPicker later today and see what all I can put together! I'll also check local stores to see how the prices match up :)

Well those used prices you showed us are really munch to high...dont know why the used prices are that high at the moment but with an budget of about 1000-1200 dollars you get an very decent Gaming pc at this moment thx to the new AMD Ryzen CPUs^^.

2 hours ago, Levitan said:

Well those used prices you showed us are really munch to high...dont know why the used prices are that high at the moment but with an budget of about 1000-1200 dollars you get an very decent Gaming pc at this moment thx to the new AMD Ryzen CPUs^^.

3 hours ago, Levitan said:

My opinion...for these prices...buy a new one...I did a little build for your budget of around 1000 $.

4 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

at that point... why not brand new?

It turns out that the PCs that were my first and second preferences are actually brand new. They're put together by locals who build PCs and sell them off on this platform as a side gig. Does that make them any any more attractive?

Also, thank you so much for putting the part lists together ❤️

I will look into the options y'all assembled as well! 

11 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... time to learn a new guy here a lesson

we don't do that here

Not sure what you mean

1 minute ago, AkshayRao27 said:

Not sure what you mean

he selected a seasonic focus

let me put it like this: it has had enough problems that seasonic is going to release a v2 to replace it

40 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

let me put it like this: it has had enough problems that seasonic is going to release a v2 to replace it

Ah, I see! ^^

I was snooping around on PPP. Would you folks recommend any of these builds?

15 hours ago, LukeSavenije said:

You can say what you want..corsair isnt better i read alot of bad things about corsair and i read a lot of good things and bad things about seasonic...If you have a budget you have to cut corners...seasonic has an 80+ gold certifcate for that price it is the best 650 watt power supply you can get...in my opinion..You could wait for some kind of sale for sure if you would like an diffrent one but i would not recommend corsair power supplys. I myself would go with an cooler master one but thats about 30-40 dollars more for the same stuff.

I would call that a diffrent opinion...@AksyhayRao27 you have to put the money in, your choice ?