SSD vs M.2 vs NVMD( not sure if that's right)

Right so what are the pros and cons of each memory option?

Is an SSD good for stable gaming frame rates with the right hardware around 120?

Would a M.2 be better or does the hard drive matter?

Any video suggestions on the above topic?

SSD is storage, not memory.

M.2 is a port type that supports S-ATA and PCIe (NVMe) signals.

With newer hardware you can use a NVMe SSD which has faster speeds than the S-ATA (4 to 8 times faster).

In game it won't matter that much, because the game uses RAM for resources for the most things, but it will helt with load times (but not in all game)

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

M.2 is simply a connector standard, NVMe is a storage technology. SSD and NVMe can both be SATA or M.2. Generally, M.2 is going to be better as it is closer to the bus. Fast drives is important regardless as your system is always switching data between the Page file and memory. It will still load data in and out of memory for any process you have open, including your game. Whether that is negligibly noticeable or not is another question.

My Rig:

Asus Strix Z270e Gaming MB | Intel Core i7 7700k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | 32GB Crucial Vengeance |
NVidia RTX 2080TI Founders Edition | WD Black 512GB NVMe; Samsung 512GB 850 EVO SSD; 1 TB WD Blue |
Asus ROG PG278Q 144Hz GSync 1440p monitor; ViewSonic VA2231w-LED | Core X5 Tempered Glass Edition Case

1 hour ago, T-Paste said:

Generally, M.2 is going to be better as it is closer to the bus.

Umm, true and not true. M.2 is using either SATA lanes from PCH or PCI Express lanes from the CPU or the PCH. Not because it is closer to the bus (not sure what you even mean by "the bus").

To OP: Purely for gaming, M.2 NVMe SSDs do not bring any noticeable improvement, apart from maybe slightly lower loading times. I tested loading GTA:V from HDD and a SATA SSD 1-2 years ago and I only won about 40 seconds in loading times.

If you are looking to store a lot of games, go SATA SSD or HDD if you are very budget limited. You can throw the OS on a NVMe SSD, but storing games on it... not worth the price at this moment IMO.

HAL9000: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x | Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black | 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | Asus X570 Prime Pro | ASUS TUF 3080 Ti | 1 TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus + 1 TB Crucial MX500 + 6 TB WD RED | Corsair HX1000 | be quiet Pure Base 500DX | LG 34UM95 34" 3440x1440

Hydrogen server: Intel i3-10100 | Cryorig M9i | 64 GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz DDR4 | Gigabyte B560M-DS3H | 33 TB of storage | Fractal Design Define R5 | unRAID 6.9.2

Carbon server: Fujitsu PRIMERGY RX100 S7p | Xeon E3-1230 v2 | 16 GB DDR3 ECC | 60 GB Corsair SSD & 250 GB Samsung 850 Pro | Intel i340-T4 | ESXi 6.5.1

Big Mac cluster: 2x Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | 1x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B | 2x Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+