youtube question here

Hi i'm trying to upload a decent 1080p to youtube but every time i seem to fail miserably in producing a decent looking video...

I'm currently testing Nioh ( pc game ) and used both bandicam and osb to see how that will turn out.

So far OSB seemed to produce the most decent result with its standard settings but it is still a far cry from decency

If anyone knows tips on how to improve quality?

and answer the question why the recording takes a certain amount before producing its real sharpness

some samples

Bandicam h264
1080p 60 fps

OBS nvec 1080p 60 fps

1. Record at a higher bitrate if you're recording your videos at a lower bitrate. YouTube wants a good source to work with.

2. Keep in mind that YouTube compresses video in an incredibly mediocre bitrate in AVC, VP9 and AV1.

3. Videos need a couple of reference frames to be able to clean up and produce its image properly. This really isn't something you can fix unless your video does not have a lot of reference frames.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

1. Record at a higher bitrate if you're recording your videos at a lower bitrate. YouTube wants a good source to work with.

2. Keep in mind that YouTube compresses video in an incredibly mediocre bitrate in AVC, VP9 and AV1.

3. Videos need a couple of reference frames to be able to clean up and produce its image properly. This really isn't something you can fix unless your video does not have a lot of reference frames.

All in all it is a weird system they offer... Just give us the most premium 4k package you can deliver and we will be sure it looks just the same as your 1080p experience when gaming.... If they would just accept the already reduced size of the video..... 

6 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

Use Shadowplay, it's awesome.

I'll be sure to try and upload with shadowplay