risers and pci-e 3.0

Hi.

I own a Lenovo ThinkCentre M91p (453A8G) and I recently got a GTX1060 to run with it, however the videocard is too big for the case and I would like to get a new tower case and mount the videocard vertically using a pci riser.

I live in Romania, sadly I didn't have the luck of receiving any decent answer from any of the multiple shops I contacted, most don't even know what a riser is or what cases would allow vertical mount, I know is sad for 2019 but sadly it is what it is.

After I spent lots of hours looking for solutions on internet, I found a Thermaltake view 27 case that is in the budget and from what I gather it would fit my motherboard, but I cannot find any shielded riser in stock, just cheap miners ones.

Looking around the internet, I found many PCI-E 3.0 on amazon and similar sites, would I be able to use that on my current motherboard ? I do not know what the 3.0 stands for or if my motherboard supports that, after downloading CPU-Z and looking around I noticed it only shows "PCI-Express" at Version and 16x for the max speed.

Questions is : Can my motherboard support PCI-E 3.0 and if not is there any other way to mount my GPU Vertically ?

Thanks any advance if you can find a minute and help me out.

The version doesn't matter, honestly. 

That's just telling you the maximum speed.  Even if your board was PCIe 2.0, the 3.0 riser would work just fine, and the same in reverse as well.

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

2 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

The version doesn't matter, honestly. 

That's just telling you the maximum speed.  Even if your board was PCIe 2.0, the 3.0 riser would work just fine, and the same in reverse as well.

Thanks for your answer ! I got confused by that 3.0, I thought it was something to do with the socket/slot from motherboard and that the riser wouldn't fit, I do not have much knowledge when it comes to that. Thanks once again!