Freezing at bios

Snifferdog3
Go to solution Solved by Snifferdog3,

Ok I fixed it. Turns out it was the gpu, ran off the internal gpu and it runs fine. I had this issue with another pc and the fix is to plug in the gpu WHILE the pc is running! Dodgy ik but it works. I'll try it for this one too.

Edit: Just did it, works fine now. Ty for the help mate.

Hey, I recently cleaned my pc, took the CPU cooler gpu out, and while I was cleaning it took the mobo out as there was a stand off screw missing, put everything back in and booted. Now it keeps hanging at the splash screen and sometimes manages too boost to Windows, note it doesn't freeze again if it boots to Windows successfully. Even if I try to access the bios it will freeze. Is my bios corrupted or is it hardware? I've tried reseating everything except the CPU.... Also the cpu fan speed changes if left on the frozen page. So I suspect the mobo probably isn't broken

Did you plug your drives back into the same exact SATA ports? Sometimes that can cause an issue. Have you tried taking everything apart and putting it back together again?

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Did you plug your drives back into the same exact SATA ports? Sometimes that can cause an issue. Have you tried taking everything apart and putting it back together again?

I didnt. Just put them back in randomly, but I just tried unplugging every sata cable and still no

So it's getting more odd.... If I take one ram stick out with no keyboard or mouse in it gets to a page saying no keyboard. If I plug the keyboard back in and try to boot it freezes. If I try putting the ram stick back in and booting with no keyboard it still freezes!?

Also, maybe a bit of info. My cpu cooler requires so much pressure to mount. Like loads of pressure. 

Ok it actually does still freeze when the kB is unplugged. Also can no longer get into the operating system at all. How do I flash a new bios?

Ok I fixed it. Turns out it was the gpu, ran off the internal gpu and it runs fine. I had this issue with another pc and the fix is to plug in the gpu WHILE the pc is running! Dodgy ik but it works. I'll try it for this one too.

Edit: Just did it, works fine now. Ty for the help mate.

now thats a bizarre problem

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

10 hours ago, 6thOntheLeft said:

now thats a bizarre problem

Yep. But it's happened on 2 completely different pcs.... The gpu just stops it from booting untill you plug the gpu in while it's running.... Then after a reboot bam it works, I hate doing that tho as surly that's not good for the mobo and gpu.... But hey..

ah

With Great Power, Comes a Great Electricity Bill

Main

Setup: Intel core i5-8400 (OC'd), MSI Z-370-A Pro, Crucial Ballistix 8GB, Be Quiet! Pure Slim, Cooler Master Masterbox Lite 5 RGB, TP-Link Wifi Adapter, ASRock RX580, Artic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste, Logitech G105, Logitech M310, Razer Sphex V2 (Mat), EVGA 500W 80+ Silver, 1TB WD Blue, 240gb Kingston Digital

That would drive me crazy.. I would not be content with it starting only after installing the GPU while the pc was turned on. There has to be something wrong for that to be the "solution". At the end of the day though, it is a relief just to be up and running again. I know how that feels!

On 3/8/2019 at 1:32 AM, GalaxyTraveler said:

That would drive me crazy.. I would not be content with it starting only after installing the GPU while the pc was turned on. There has to be something wrong for that to be the "solution". At the end of the day though, it is a relief just to be up and running again. I know how that feels!

Well no, once I did it once it's fine, dont need to do it every time I boot. I don't think it's my pc as it happened with a completely different machine. So once I plugged it in while it was running it fixes it completely.... Maybe it will do it again after I next take the GPU out, thinking maybe it's my bios battery? I haven't changed it in years so maybe it's flat and forgets my settings when I unplug the power? Idk, but it's sure a strange issue to run into. Hopefully this will help anyone else experiencing this issue too.