mac mini ssd+hdd read issue.

ThyNameisWAR

Having a weird problem. I installed an ssd into my mac mini with 1tb storage and now it's reading the as one drive.

179.9 GB+993 GB=1.17 TB when being read by OS

the OS is installed but I'm not sure if it's install on the ssd portion or hdd portion of the drive.

Go into Disk Utility and give us a screenshot of the hard drive list.

If you don't know how to get there, go up into Spotlight in the top right corner (the little magnifying glass), then type Disk Utility. Should be the first option there.

Then the list of hard drives is on the left. Take a screenshot of the whole window.

BTW If you don't know you can take a screenshot using Command-Shift-4 then press Space, then click on the Disk Utility window. A screenshot of the Disk Utility window will be saved to your desktop.

ScreenShot2014-01-17at85533PM.png

when I booted it up after installation it said there was an issue with the main drive an it would auto fix it. after auto fix. it merged the drives into one single 1.18 TB drive. now they read and a single and not two separate drives.

weird.  I would personally redo the installation with only the SSD installed.  Then you can be sure its on the right drive.  After you have verified it is all working then add the platter drive in and it will show up as a separate drive.  Unless you bought a fusion drive by mistake??  Those are the new hybrid SSD+HDD drives.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Click on Verify Disk and see if there are any errors.

If not, then unplug the normal HDD, boot up, then shut down and plug it back in. See if it works then.

Edit: After you installed the SSD, did you reinstall OS X?