Need some help selecting a sound card + headset

josh1073

Hey guys, i have been doing my build and need a little help on choosing a sound card and a headset.

I was looking at the sennheiser hd558 but it dose not have a built in mic as i play with friends that is a issue i am not well versed in headphones/ headsets and sound cards i was wondering if any of you guys could recommend a headset with a built in mic.

I was looking at the asus xonar range as they seem to have a strong following. I play games like bf3,skyrim,bioshock infinate,far cry,arma 2 and 3,moh so any advice and suggestions you guys could give would be amazing.

i am not a bass fanatic like the beats range.

buy any cheap mic. zalman has one for $9 on amazon.com. id get the Xondar DG/DGX depending on what lane you have available. the 558 has a great overall sound

buy any cheap mic. zalman has one for $9 on amazon.com. id get the Xondar DG/DGX depending on what lane you have available. the 558 has a great overall sound
I'm have thread deja-vu

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

I've got the Xonar Essence STX and I think it's wonderful once you've got it configured properly.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

I was looking at the zalman but it dose not have a mute button which in my opinion is like building a car that has no breaks.

I don't need a mute button because I use push to talk and bind it to "`".

In my opinion putting a mute button on a mic is like putting lipstick on a pig, but to each his own.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

If you can wait a little bit, the new modmic with a mute function will be coming out, more money than a zalman but a much better solution in my opinion. Then you could get a really nice pair of headphones.

Headset

why have a mute button on the mic when theres a mute feature on vent and mumble?

The only reason i need a mute switch is when family pop in i dont want others to hear my conversation.

The only reason i need a mute switch is when family pop in i dont want others to hear my conversation.
Yeah, I have an embarrassing story about that back from high school. That's why I use push to talk. If I don't press the button, nobody hears anything.

I have a pair of Sennheiser hd558s and they are fantastic. I previously used a pair of Razer Megalodons and they were absolutely useless.

If you are looking for a good pair of headphones then I would strongly reccomend the HD 558s however I can't recconend a mic since I am still using the Megalodons hanging around my neck.

sometimes i press the PTT button while im talkin to some one IRL. it just becomes a habit