Laptop Wireless Adapter

DLM_012

I'm working on a machine for a client doing a fresh OS install and ran into an issue with the wireless card being detected and functioning properly but not picking up any wireless signals. Prior to running windows update, Windows reported that the card had problems and wouldn't start. I've troubleshooted by doing the following.

*installed most recent driver via windows update (no more caution symbols)

*used Fn+wireless key for the hardware on/off of the device

*browsed Toshiba's website for drivers (which is atrocious and badly organized btw)

Is it safe to assume the internal card is dead? I'll be asking the client later today if she's had any issues with her wireless. If so I think I'll just recommend her a cheap $10 ASUS USB wireless adapter.

If I've overlooked something please bring it to my attention.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Are the drivers compartible with the version of windows you installed? And have you tried unplugging and plugging the adapter back in? And have you tried using the card in another system if you can?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Are the drivers compartible with the version of windows you installed? And have you tried unplugging and plugging the adapter back in? And have you tried using the card in another system if you can?

Funny thing... The adapter is detected as a USB 2.0 device yet I know it has to be internal because all of the USB ports are free.

Yes the driver is compatible. Windows update found and applied the correct one since none of the drivers on Toshiba's product support page worked.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

WIndows update drivers sometimes doesn't work, make uninstall all device software and drivers and then install aida64 to see the wireless card ID and search for drivers in the manufacturer website, instead of toshiba site

WIndows update drivers sometimes doesn't work, make uninstall all device software and drivers and then install aida64 to see the wireless card ID and search for drivers in the manufacturer website, instead of toshiba site

I'll definitely try that and report back. Thanks