Mic keeps Muting it self, Help!

Sir Lags A Lot

So for a while now my mic has been muting itself at random. It will mainly do when I am playing games while discord voice chatting as the overlay shows I dont speak. I have to go into my sound settings for windows and unmute in it's settings. This has only happened after I half built my new-ish PC. I tried installing new drivers but it hasn't solved the problem. My mother board I have is an msi pro series z270 mate. And my windows is 8.1 pro. This is extremely frustrating as I have to unmute it around every 1-5 minutes and I am a youtuber so this prevents me from doing voice. Feel free to ask questions.558464262_bandicam2019-01-2018-27-46-985.jpg.efb55c0ccbe220eedde113ab36668e45.jpg1730039702_bandicam2019-01-2018-26-39-623.jpg.205828c1f6a3bfbcffa68a4893a09bd8.jpg94971489_bandicam2019-01-2018-26-28-309.jpg.492085739b5605b53439af3f36a96228.jpg

44 minutes ago, GTX1060 said:

So for a while now my mic has been muting itself at random. It will mainly do when I am playing games while discord voice chatting as the overlay shows I dont speak. I have to go into my sound settings for windows and unmute in it's settings. This has only happened after I half built my new-ish PC. I tried installing new drivers but it hasn't solved the problem. My mother board I have is an msi pro series z270 mate. And my windows is 8.1 pro. This is extremely frustrating as I have to unmute it around every 1-5 minutes and I am a youtuber so this prevents me from doing voice. Feel free to ask questions.

I have heard that this can be due to malware, have you got any anti malware security on the device?

I'll run through it with windows defender to see. I dont have any anti malware software.

2 minutes ago, GTX1060 said:

I'll run through it with windows defender to see. I dont have any anti malware software.

Try downloading malware bytes and see if that can find anything, i used windows defendor and norton for a while then my computer decided it didnt want to work so i was searching around and malwarebytes fixed it, it gives a 14 day free trial, so run a full scan and see if it helps, let me know how it turns out so i can help further if needed

1 minute ago, WickedStarfish said:

Try downloading malware bytes and see if that can find anything, i used windows defendor and norton for a while then my computer decided it didnt want to work so i was searching around and malwarebytes fixed it, it gives a 14 day free trial, so run a full scan and see if it helps, let me know how it turns out so i can help further if needed

Can be found here - https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thankyou/

It installed it and scanned it, It found a lot more that defender so thats good. I started gmod a few minds ago after the restart since it seems like the mic muted more often then the other games i play. Ok, so the short is that it works fine and that it hasn't muted at all yet so good. Im gonna try joining a discord vc to be sure after this.

1 minute ago, GTX1060 said:

It installed it and scanned it, It found a lot more that defender so thats good. I started gmod a few minds ago after the restart since it seems like the mic muted more often then the other games i play. Ok, so the short is that it works fine and that it hasn't muted at all yet so good. Im gonna try joining a discord vc to be sure after this.

just let us know after a bit more playing with it :) 

I know, malwarebytes took like 45 mins to download. And then around 10 mins to scan fully. Either way, thanks a lot.

1 minute ago, GTX1060 said:

I know, malwarebytes took like 45 mins to download. And then around 10 mins to scan fully. Either way, thanks a lot.

yeah malwarebytes is my go to scanner after it found what others seemed to not want to