Need help finding a stereo mixer

Agons

Hey everyone this is my dilemma, i have two desktops, ones more like a home server/ media PC, while one is a small gaming rig. Most of the times i like to have both on. One running through all my favorite music playlist and gaming on the other. From what I've been able to figure out i need a stereo mixer in order to combine these two audio sources into one or possibly two stereo outputs. and somewhere i heard i has to be an active mixer so i don't need a pre-amp before it hits my amp that goes to my speakers. does anyone have any recommendations for a solution? i don't want to spend more than 50 bucks if i don't have too.

Thanks for all the help!

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

If you want to limit yourself to the budget, Behringer has some options. Don't whatever you do use those splitter cables; they're called splitters for a reason.

Why do you need to combine the two audio sources from different computers? Just share the files to the gaming machine and play them there.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Why do you need to combine the two audio sources from different computers? Just share the files to the gaming machine and play them there.
I don't have the hard rive space to copy my audio collection (and movie) to a second computer.... its several terabytes.....

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Right, my suggestion to you was to share those files to yourself over your own home network.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Ive tried that, but one is a ubuntu 12.04 and other windows 7, and i cant for the life of me get any program to work to even remote desktop or network access any folders. It works from ubuntu to windows, but i cant get from windows to ubuntu which is what i need.

Ive tried that several times, but it just wont show on my windows machine, im assuming my father has a setting on our router that is keeping me from doing this but he refuses to let even look at the settings. Also this does not fix the problem of i only have one set of speakers + amp, and id like to depending on which computer im using to be able to use those speakers, which is why an audio mixer seems to be my best option.