Screen gets all fuzzy after gaming

Hey there,

im sorry if this is a repost but i've been searching for hours and did not find anything yet.

I bought the BenQ Zowie XL2730Z a few days ago and now use it as my main display with a second monitor. The BenQ is a 2k WQHD 144hz TN display.

Now to the problem: After playing games and returning to the desktop, i noticed that the screen goes really fuzzy. It feels like it's getting stretched by a few pixels. Text is still readable but has these weird colours around them and just i really fuzzy. Really noticable with white text. I also noticed that it only happens with games that don't launch in 1440p. So it has something to do with the resolution changing. Restarting the computer fixed the problem the first few times but for some reason it doesn't anymore.

Im using a DisplayPort Cable. Although this did happen a few times with HDMI too.

There are two things that are very weird about this. First, when turning on the display after a longer time (next day) it flickers like twice a second and makes the screen go fuzzy with these flickers. But only in the upper part of the screen. After 3-4 mins the flickering stops and it's a clear image. Second, the lower right part of the screen does not seem to be affected by the fuzziness. It just "stays 2k" and does not get fuzzy.

I've tried updating windows, updating the display adapter and updating Nvidia drivers. Im starting to worry that this is some manufacturing error. Then again it is perfectly fine as long as i don't start any apps that change the resolution.

Im clueless i've been searching for answers for hours but i can't find anything.

Im sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, english is not my first language and i find it very hard to describe problems.

Thanks in advance for any kind of help! :)