PC Randomly will not display

Bembi

Hi, 

My friends PC had randomly stopped displaying anything on screen, 

He says the PC seems to be working ok as it lights up and HDD start etc, but he cant get it to post to the PC, 

I've tried troubleshooting it but as he lives in London I can't really do an hands on trouble shoot, 

Is there anything I'm missing beyond check all connections, try new monitor, check HDD is properly spinning with no faults... etc etc? 

Thanks for any responses in advance!

The specs shouldnt matter too much, but its about 2-3 years old and was working perfectly 2 days ago when I saw it working fine

If the PC seems to be running like normal, but not displaying anything randomly, I would suspect a bad cable or loose connection that wiggles free or is just barely making contact "sometimes".

Dying graphics cards are either sudden or they slowly artifact into oblivion. So that wouldn't be a thing I'd worry about yet.

4 minutes ago, AlphaHelix said:

If the PC seems to be running like normal, but not displaying anything randomly, I would suspect a bad cable or loose connection that wiggles free or is just barely making contact "sometimes".

Dying graphics cards are either sudden or they slowly artifact into oblivion. So that wouldn't be a thing I'd worry about yet.

Yeah, thats what I believe it is, as he has just been traveling with it and its so easy to just have a cable that comes lose whilst in the boot of a car or something! 

I'll relay that back to him, thanks!

5 minutes ago, MysteriousAeon said:

Test the memory (RAM) one by one and see if the GPU works. Try testing the GPU on another computer.

That's a good idea, I'll have to bring mine over next time I see him and give them a try, 

I'll let him know, thanks for the input!