Two crossfireX bridges instead of one.

Angelus

I have noticed that in some 2-way crossfireX builds, that some people use two bridges instead of one. Does this increase the performance because there is more bandwidth? or does this reduce the performance because the card stuggles to decide which bridge to use, therefor it add latency to the data bring sent across? or it doesn't increase performance nor hinders it and people just do it for looks?

Is there any hard evidence that supports any of these above questions? If there isn't any then just type your throughts on what you think it does to the graphics cards below.

I use to do that until people said looks crap with 2 bridges and there is no performance increase or decrease with 2 bridges.

I'm fairly sure that Linus clarified this in a Crossfire SLI NCIX video

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | Graphics Card: PowerColor 7970 V3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 | PSU: XFX Core Series 550W Black Edition | Case: Corsair 200r | Monitors: LG 23EA63V 23" 1920x1080 IPS 60Hz + Lenovo L1700pC 17" 1280x1024 75Hz

I'm fairly sure that Linus has a clarified this point in this video. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=XS5rBS8n-LM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DXS5rBS8n-LM&gl=GB

CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | Graphics Card: PowerColor 7970 V3 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Memory: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9 | PSU: XFX Core Series 550W Black Edition | Case: Corsair 200r | Monitors: LG 23EA63V 23" 1920x1080 IPS 60Hz + Lenovo L1700pC 17" 1280x1024 75Hz