Upgrading to SSD

AnkurPrava

Hi guys, 

So I was thinking about upgrading to SSD since my HDD seems to be working at 100% constantly even if I have no applications running. I am pretty new to all the hardware stuff but I am pretty sure I have a SSD slot in my Lenovo y510p. I was thinking about a 256gb SSD for faster boot, apps and OS. Can anyone please give me details about what is the compatible SSD for my laptop along with recommendations for a few good SSD. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

30 minutes ago, AnkurPrava said:

Hi guys, 

So I was thinking about upgrading to SSD since my HDD seems to be working at 100% constantly even if I have no applications running. I am pretty new to all the hardware stuff but I am pretty sure I have a SSD slot in my Lenovo y510p. I was thinking about a 256gb SSD for faster boot, apps and OS. Can anyone please give me details about what is the compatible SSD for my laptop along with recommendations for a few good SSD. Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Thanks

You can get any 2.5 Inch ssd and up any ssd will work in your laptop or pc just make sure if you buy a  m2 slot ssd you have the right port on your motherboard but the normal ''ssd'' people refer to is the one you want 

SATA 3

Considering the website for your laptop says, "1TB (5400 RPM) + 8GB Hybrid Drive", it would be pretty safe to assume that a regular 2.5 inch SSD would fit.