What Career to study?

JSSCANUCKS

I'm really confused and don't know what to do with my career. I like computers and I am also into animation. The only thing I am weak at is math it is my weakest subject I usually get a low B in math while in all my other subjects I get high A's. It would be very helpful if you can tell me what careers I should look at that doesn't require a metric ton of math.

Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee - Muhammad Ali 

You live in Vancouver. Go to VFS for animation :). Other than that, the only thing I see relating to computers that doesn't need hard math like calculus would be marketing and sales. And even then, sometimes it's good to know a bit of calculus for the business portion.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

What interests do you have? Animation is probably a big winner.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Computer Aid Design or Programmer. If you're getting B's in Math, you've a head start over other students, but it doesn't mean your code or designs won't be junky. I advise not to get into animation or other similar fields such as video editing, as I believe these fields are over saturated and come with very low salaries. If you're still in High School, I advise you to enroll in some courses at your Community College to learn these skills and practise on your free time by creating project for yourself to complete, this would help your enroll in College and obtain a jobs, when you can demostrate your engineering skills with your lack of "time experience".

Computer Aid Design or Programmer. If you're getting B's in Math, you've a head start over other students, but it doesn't mean your code or designs won't be junky. I advise not to get into animation or other similar fields such as video editing, as I believe these fields are over saturated and come with very low salaries. If you're still in High School, I advise you to enroll in some courses at your Community College to learn these skills and practise on your free time by creating project for yourself to complete, this would help your enroll in College and obtain a jobs, when you can demostrate your engineering skills with your lack of "time experience".

He will get killed in engineering with Bs in highschool math.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Too bad Pixar shut down their studio in Vancouver... Would have made studying at Emily Carr or VFS for animation a great choice!

CPU: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz with NH-D14 | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero | GPU: SLI GTX780 Windforce | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro | HDD: WD Black | PSUEVGA SuperNova 1300W | Case: Fractal Define R4 | Monitor: X-Star DP2710 1440p @ 96Hz | Mouse: DeathAdder  | Keyboard: CM Storm CherryMX Red | Headset: Kraken Pro | Headphones: HE-400