Acrobat Reader DC Disappearing Act

Hey! A Coworker of mine came in this AM and his Adobe was gone. poof like that. It an old laptop. Associated files still show the adobe icon, but then it goes to "open with which program." What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks happened here, eh? 

4 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

what happens if you actually open it? are you getting adobe?

Can't even find the file location, everything else is there--all the other files. The home shortcut opens up the website. Whhhhaaatt?

7 minutes ago, Team_RGB said:

Can't even find the file location, everything else is there--all the other files. The home shortcut opens up the website. Whhhhaaatt?

it's getting even more weird. what about just re-installing it?

Instead of Acrobat Reader, why not install something different, such as Foxit Reader or Sumatra Reader? Adobe has really gone downhill over the years, has been subject to numerous hacks, and, being cloud connected now, is no longer trustworthy. I've completely abandoned Adobe, period. I replaced Acrobat Standard with PDF Studio Pro for half the cost and use Foxit Reader for reading PDFs online.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

4 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Instead of Acrobat Reader, why not install something different, such as Foxit Reader or Sumatra Reader? Adobe has really gone downhill over the years, has been subject to numerous hacks, and, being cloud connected now, is no longer trustworthy. I've completely abandoned Adobe, period. I replaced Acrobat Standard with PDF Studio Pro for half the cost and use Foxit Reader for reading PDFs online.

I don't even use that anymore. I just use edge for reading pdf's