Which tablet has the longest battery life?

filipcro

Apple tablets are out of the question because of their monstrous pricing and closed system.

Currently I'm leaning towards Nexus 7.

Is there a better one?

iPad Air, nothing compAirs.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

iPad Air, nothing compAirs.

He said no Apple products...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Nexus 7 2013

Great Battery life!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Can you just plug tablets into electrical outlet and have them work that way without even them having a battery?

I would use it for reading in the bed anyway..

Can you just plug tablets into electrical outlet and have them work that way without even them having a battery?

I would use it for reading in the bed anyway..

You need the battery in. But yeah, the tablet will stay charged while it's plugged in.

:)

Hail Sithis!

Android tablets only last about a day in my experience with a nexus 7, the iPad Air I was entrusted with for testing purposes through my local Apple store has lasted for a few days of heavy LTE usage all day.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

IPad Air costs 4 times more than Nexus 7.

So is it easy to get apps for Android for reading any format, like cbr, epub, mobi, pdf, doc, rtf, etc.?

So is it easy to get apps for Android for reading any format, like cbr, epub, mobi, pdf, doc, rtf, etc.?

Yeah, there are a tonne of different options!

Hail Sithis!

Just go for the Nexus 7 2013.

It has great battery life, it's inexpensive, it feels nice, it's comfortable to hold, the screen is excellent, and it's a nexus device so it's going to be up to date.

You can't go wrong with the Nexus 7 2013!

Hail Sithis!

The problem I have with android is that the apps on the tablet aren't verry we'll optimized for tablets

Though iPads interface is like a big phone...

Android tablets are tablets.

Hail Sithis!

Why not a tablet running Windows 8?

Like the Dell Venue 8 or 11?

You get to run Windows 8 Modern UI apps, and while the ecosystem develops over time, you have legacy apps support.

You get also to enjoy Modern UI apps made for x86 architecture, like currently Beta Firefox Modern UI app.

This video pretty much destroyed my notion that you can comfortably read ebooks with active screens, like on tablets-

Just look at that humongous readability/clarity difference!

This video pretty much destroyed my notion that you can comfortably read ebooks with active screens-

Just look at that humongous readability difference!

What do you plan on doing with the tablet? that would help :)

Hail Sithis!

iPad air also has a larger screen, higher resolution, faster processor, better camera's, better performance, better battery life, and better reliability, not to mention Apple will supply you with a replacement should anything go wrong same day from an Apple store with no hastle.

Can someone tell me if the difference in reading an ebook in real life is really that drastic as was shown in that video?

Maybe the problem with the brightness or the camera...

iPad air also has a larger screen, higher resolution, faster processor, better camera's, better performance, better battery life, and better reliability, not to mention Apple will supply you with a replacement should anything go wrong same day from an Apple store with no hastle.

the PPI on the nexus is definitely higher. The screen on the nexus is smaller and more manageable, it's 16:9 so content consumption like netflix, youtube, and movies are better due to the native aspect ratio, reliability is Moot because they are both the same essentially. faster is relative, the UI speed is pretty much the same. Camera...who uses a rear facing camera on a tablet anyways? The cameras on the N7 are pretty good anyways. 

The iPad air screen is much more prone to shattering over the Nexus 7.

Hail Sithis!

Can someone tell me if the difference in reading an ebook in real life is really that drastic as was shown in that video?

Maybe the problem with the brightness or the camera...

i think it's a bit dramatized in the video.

I have read eBooks on my phone and it's a good experience for the most part.

Hail Sithis!

the PPI on the nexus is definitely higher. The screen on the nexus is smaller and more manageable, it's 16:9 so content consumption like netflix, youtube, and movies are better due to the native aspect ratio, reliability is Moot because they are both the same essentially. faster is relative, the UI speed is pretty much the same. Camera...who uses a rear facing camera on a tablet anyways? The cameras on the N7 are pretty good anyways.

The iPad air screen is much more prone to shattering over the Nexus 7.

The PPI of an iPad is high enough, smaller never means better, it may be 16:9 but if your screen has a higher resolution than 1080p, it doesn't matter, you are ignorant if that's your answer, who drops a tablet?

The PPI of an iPad is high enough, smaller never means better, it may be 16:9 but if your screen has a higher resolution than 1080p, it doesn't matter, you are ignorant if that's your answer, who drops a tablet?

I work at best buy....plenty of people drop tablets! :)

I am ignorant to what?

movies are mostly 16:9, why watch a movie with black bars? doesn't make sense to me to be honest.

Hail Sithis!

I work at best buy....plenty of people drop tablets! :)

I am ignorant to what?

movies are mostly 16:9, why watch a movie with black bars? doesn't make sense to me to be honest.

Ignorant that you think an ipad is similar to an android tablet

Ignorant that you think an ipad is similar to an android tablet

Was I saying they were similar?

Ignorant the OP want suggestions and specifically says he doesn't want iOS devices.

I and 80%+ of the market chose Android over iOS but does that stop me from recommending iOS devices? NO!

Hail Sithis!

Was I saying they were similar?

Ignorant the OP want suggestions and specifically says he doesn't want iOS devices.

I and 80%+ of the market chose Android over iOS but does that stop me from recommending iOS devices? NO!

I can't recommend something unless I whole heartedly support it, I saw he gave no reasoning besides the price, which is an ignorant statement considering he doesn't need to get the newest ipad, and the nexus 7 is more phablet than tablet.