Is this possible?

skljom

I currently have cisco 2203 modem and D-Link DIR-501 Wi-fi router. When I installed all this network devices the internet connection was ok. What ever I do on my laptop it wouldn't affect my PC. But after all problems my ISP had ( some1 was stealing their optic cables from the 2m below ground, probably some others jealous ISP in my country ) now whenever I play some youtube or stuff on laptop my ping goes up by 10 and comes down. That is irritating me because I play FPS games where is ping most important stuff, along with fps. I reseted my router to the factory settings but same stuff occurs, I have also restarted my main cisco modem and it didn't fix this issue. So is there any tweak or something where I can fix this. And also can I somehow fix the youtube bug, where when I play youtube videos it affects my ping ingame, like I put some playlist and whenever Youtube switches song my ping goes up from 40 to 150-220 for a couple of seconds (untill it loads small amount of video) and comes back down to 40. This is annoying when I play League of Legends. Like I noticed every LoL livestreamer plays youtube and streams, but whenever youtube switches song their ping is still same.

PS: my internet info http://www.speedtest.net/result/2783699126.png 

edit: does this link work: 2783699126.png

Thanks in advance guys!

Hoe Hoe Hoe and a bottle of RAM © Gankplank

No the link doesnt work but the problem may be with your modem I remember with my modems ping was 67 then I called my ISP had the box replaced and it shot up to 287

No the link doesnt work but the problem may be with your modem I remember with my modems ping was 67 then I called my ISP had the box replaced and it shot up to 287

wait, you had ping 60, you called isp to fix and you got 280 ping. No logic to me bro :/

wait, you had ping 60, you called isp to fix and you got 280 ping. No logic to me bro :/

Faulty modem it wasnt transfering the signal well it was reciving high ping but wasnt out puting it through

Faulty modem it wasnt transfering the signal well it was reciving high ping but wasnt out puting it through

My modem and cables are OK, had them recently replaced, I was using some old motorola modem. And Now I have thicker cable for the internet, the last one broke.

any new ideas or solutions?

Guys can I somehow prioritize game packets over youtube so my youtube doesn't rise ping? Or something like that?

guys, traffic control? Port forwarding? Something ?

I don't have personal experience with your router, but try to locate a setting call QoS (it would be in your wireless routers settings). The Quality of Service stti g priorities gaming over other things like video streaming, so you should not be as poorly impacted.

You also have to consider that no matter what, your ping will go up, it's enviable.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I don't have personal experience with your router, but try to locate a setting call QoS (it would be in your wireless routers settings). The Quality of Service stti g priorities gaming over other things like video streaming, so you should not be as poorly impacted.

You also have to consider that no matter what, your ping will go up, it's enviable.

no QOS, FUCK THIS ROUTER. IT wasn't giving me issues before. I used to have torrent on laptop and my ping on pc would be fine. But not anymore

Sounds normal to me seeing your connection speeds.

when youtube switches song it peeks bandwith to buffer the next song.

youtube probably got faster for you was slow before :)

ok :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Sounds normal to me seeing your connection speeds.

when youtube switches song it peeks bandwith to buffer the next song.

youtube probably got faster for you was slow before :)

can I somehow prioritise game packets on Gigabit network card?

COMPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QoS is the only way I by what you say "prioritize packets." If you have torrents downloading, youtube going, and on top of all of that you are playing a game. I wouldn't doubt you are having a problem. Ping is how fast your device contacts the destination device and back. IE 280ms or 60ms, this can depend on how close to the destination you, how fast your connection is, and what other things are requesting packets from the internet...

Guys can I somehow prioritize game packets over youtube so my youtube doesn't rise ping? Or something like that?

Yes I know the killer nic does that if you have a motherboard with that option im not for sure if there is software for it.