Recommend me a laptop.

Hello everyone I have a few questions for this community to answer/recommend for me. 

I am going to America for about 6 weeks and while I am over there I was thinking of buying a laptop to keep me entertained for my trip and also to take advantage of the cheaper prices compared to what they are here in Australia. I want a descent one they can play games and also will be powerful enough to do video editing as I will be using it for school as well. There are issues though. I know the 700 series of graphics cards have been launched and I don't want to get a laptop with a 600m series if I can wait and get a 700m series card. Also when will we see haswell showing up in Laptops. So far I haven't seen anything but I know that because they are very new. My budget is about $1500 AUD but I can be flexible.

And one specifically for Australians, will I have any issues with warranty or licensing when I bring it back to Australia.

Thanks and I hope someone can help.

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

Laptop: MSi GE 60 - GTX 765m - i74700MQ - 8gb ram

I know MSI has Some Laptops coming out (i dont know when) that have 770 and 780s (Laptop versions of course)  in them

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Desktop:  MSi GTX 680 Lightning - MSi Mpower Z77- i7 3770k - Asus Xonar DGX  - 16Gb Ares Ram - GX 750w PSU

I would wait for a haswell CPU for your laptop as they should largely increase the battery life, from what i have heard.

My specs:Fractal Define R4, i5 2550k, Asus GTX 560ti 2GB, Samsung 840 pro 120GB SSD, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM ,Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Corsair 600w PSU

i would also wait for haswell, i would wait to see those laptops, the higher performance laptops have much better battery life they say, also the new 14" razer blade i think will be priced at around there i think that would be something to look into, as its thin and powerful great to play a few games on, and has the new haswell cpu's in them, so i would wait fopr haswell but give the razer blade a look, they look great thin powerful and light as well as good build quality and no mechanical drives making is safer for travel to me it sounds right for you thats just mty opinion but defo wait for haswell.

Asrock Fatil1ty 990fx - AMD FX-6300 - XFX ATI 7770 - Patriot Viper 1866Mgz - Corsair CX600 - Acer G226HQL

Razer Blackwidow, Naga, Vespula, Nostromo, Megaladon/Electra (Yes i like razer, not a fan boy just they have never let me down)

Wait for haswell. Also, I disagree with Dizzi. The Razer blade will be overpriced, i'd recommend staying away from it.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

ASUS G750JW / JX

MSI 16F4 / 1763 (barebone / whitebooks for the two MSI below)

MSI GT60 / GT70

Clevo P151SM1 / P157SM / P177SM

are a few units that will have Haswell and the 700 series. Of course, the Alienware M17xR5 is going to be one too.

The Clevo will be sold under different names and possibly model numbers by laptop builders. Here in the US, a few of them are Sager, Mythologic, OriginPC, Eurocom, Northwest Falcon, etc. The main difference is certain features (paint jobs like Northwest Falcon, custom back lid like Origin, etc.), component options (like one may offer workstation GPUs, while the other may only offer gaming GPUs), price and customer service.

For the AU, however, a good, reliable Clevo builder is Logical Blue One. If you ever been to Whirlpool.co.au or NotebookReview.com, the owner, Jack, occassionally post there. They don't have the lastest Clevo build Hoize laptop yet though.

Check out Cyber Power Laptops.

This post glitched out

Check out Cyber Power Laptops.

Do you know if they ship worldwide? I live in Australia. Although I am going to america but I don't think they have pick up options

As far as I know, CBPC doesn't ship worldwide. Plus, a few of my friend's experience as well as people on their forums had complaints about poor experience with their customer service. I wouldn't go with them; although, they may have approved over the year, as I'm basing my comments on what I had seen two years ago.

Anyways, CBPC are one of those companies that uses Clevos and MSI to build their laptops, but with a custom backlid on their Fangbook Evo line which is build on the MSI 1763 barebone. Their Xplorer X7 is a Clevo P177SM. You could compare them here, if you want: http://www.xoticpc.com/

Do you know if they ship worldwide? I live in Australia. Although I am going to america but I don't think they have pick up options

They ship in the UK and US, but they don't ship to Australia. Pick options I am unsure about.

I've found some more on this site: http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-laptops-with-nvidia-video-cards-ct-95_51_178.html

This is one is maybe what you are looking for with a GTX 780M at $1600. It is over budget but I would considering getting this: http://www.xoticpc.com/force-msi-1763-22001-780m-msi-gt70-barebones-p-5815.html

It has a 4 gen i7 as well!

Ignore the ones from CyberPower, these are a lot better!

I've found some more on this site: http://www.xoticpc.com/custom-gaming-laptops-notebooks-laptops-with-nvidia-video-cards-ct-95_51_178.html

This is one is maybe what you are looking for with a GTX 780M at $1600. It is over budget but I would considering getting this: http://www.xoticpc.com/force-msi-1763-22001-780m-msi-gt70-barebones-p-5815.html

It has a 4 gen i7 as well!

Ignore the ones from CyberPower, these are a lot better!

Wow they are a lot better and really cheap. They ship worldwide as well. Thank You this is very helpful

Wow they are a lot better and really cheap. They ship worldwide as well. Thank You this is very helpful

If you look hard enough on that page you find one with an Nvidia Quadro GPU!

Oh, and your welcome!  :)