CPU being throttled

Go to solution Solved by angrypig7,

I got into BIOS, disabled internal battery temporarily, pressed power button a few times, connected AC power and booted and my CPU just came back normal.

I have absolutely no clue what caused this problem unfortunately.

I have my thinkpad E560p which has an I7-6700HQ.

I tried to get better thermals and more battery life by undervolting via throttlestop, but undervolting did not work under load so, I just set it back to default, turned it off.

But after that, CPU got limited to 84% at 2.16~2.18Ghz all the time. Rebooting does not help, closing/removing throttlestop does not help either.

A temporary fix is available in two ways :

1. Run throttlestop and set multiplier to max. If I close the program it will throttle back down again.

2. Take the charger cable off and plug it on again. I set CPU usage to 80% max on battery, and 100% on AC charger and I think this action resets the max CPU usage of 84%.

Any kind of help would really be appreciated...

2 minutes ago, rrubberr said:

Do you monitor the temperatures? How hot is it getting?

The temps are nothing to worry about.

Idle temps lower than 40C, and when under 100% load, it stays around 70~80C and at 84% load, it hovers around 60C.

I got into BIOS, disabled internal battery temporarily, pressed power button a few times, connected AC power and booted and my CPU just came back normal.

I have absolutely no clue what caused this problem unfortunately.