Cleaning the case

naokuronao
Go to solution Solved by Naeaes,
6 minutes ago, naokuronao said:

Hello, its been some months and pc got dusty. I'm going to be cleaning my computer but will it be okay to use a vaccum cleaner to clean just the case? I'm going to be taking out all the electronic parts such as the motherboard and cpu. I'm just going to use the vaccum cleaner for the case but I hear a lot of advice to not use the vaccum cleaner to clean your computer.

Go ahead, it's fine. The risk is that you'd bump into the electronics and knock something loose but with no electronics in there, you have nothing to worry about. Back in the day, motherboards and other PCBs had no anti-ESD built in so the static charge generated by the rush of air was an issue. But this was like in the nineties. There days the most vulnerable chips have covers on them. And again, no electronics=no worries.

Hello, its been some months and pc got dusty. I'm going to be cleaning my computer but will it be okay to use a vaccum cleaner to clean just the case? I'm going to be taking out all the electronic parts such as the motherboard and cpu. I'm just going to use the vaccum cleaner for the case but I hear a lot of advice to not use the vaccum cleaner to clean your computer.

6 minutes ago, naokuronao said:

Go ahead, it's fine. The risk is that you'd bump into the electronics and knock something loose but with no electronics in there, you have nothing to worry about. Back in the day, motherboards and other PCBs had no anti-ESD built in so the static charge generated by the rush of air was an issue. But this was like in the nineties. There days the most vulnerable chips have covers on them. And again, no electronics=no worries.

I use one to clean an older PC. But i don't give two shits about that machine. Anyway....never had a problem and still runs fine.

17 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I can now processed with confidence cleaning! :)

19 minutes ago, jello77 said:

I use one to clean an older PC. But i don't give two shits about that machine. Anyway....never had a problem and still runs fine.

Thats nice to hear, thanks for your input!