Silent 80mm Fans

BobthePcBuilder

Hello,

I have heard that 80mm fans are notoriously loud. However, I would like to know if there are any exceptions as I would like to add these fans to a Corsair 240 case.

Thanks

Bob

They could be silent if you run them slow enough but they would be moving little air.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

17 minutes ago, BobthePcBuilder said:

Hello,

I have heard that 80mm fans are notoriously loud. However, I would like to know if there are any exceptions as I would like to add these fans to a Corsair 240 case.

Thanks

Bob

most 80mm (or any size) fans will run quiet if you run them at low rpm, but obviously then they wont move alot of air, alot of companies dont bother making or putting alot of effort into the design of the more expensive 80mm or smaller fans since they tend to do either be loud, or move no air, regardless of how they're designed

even the most expensive premium brand 80mm fans, wont be great at moving air quietly

if you really can only use 80mm fans, get the cheapest fans from a brand you recognise (they are likely to be fairly decent quailty then, arctic cooling springs to mind for cheap, functional fans) and slow them down until they are quiet enough for your liking, via a fan controller if you have one, or plug them into the motherboard and control them through your motherboards bios.