Help with AMD CPU upgrading..

Hello guys and gals, I need some AMD CPU upgrade advice...
I was given an old Emachines SFF PC named El1331G-01W and I'm confused about updating the processor in it since I have always delt with Intel based stuffage.. I have no experience in AMD processors and how they are named or whats compatable with what...  By running cpuid I've deciphered it currently has an AMD Athlon Neo MV-28 code named Huron, and after quite a bit of digging on Google and Emachines (now Acer) support with very little result, I was able to find this processor is refered to as an "AMD Athlon 2850e dual-core 1.8ghz" via this thread: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-emachines-el1333g-01w-cpu-upgrade-help-please.1057826/ . That being said I'm looking to find the best and fastest CPU upgrade that I can install into this motherboard to try and use this as a possible HTPC/Gaming rig, (just using it now the way it is on LOTRO is mind-numbing with lag) but since I've no clue how AMD processors are listed I'm at a loss of where to begin... could someone help me out in choosing the best processor for this machine? Is my motherboard capable of running a quad or more core cpu? I read in the referenced thread above that the motherboard would only accept a chip that will run no higher than 95w, is this true? I have bigger wattage PSUs lying around than whats installed and dont mind to mod a bit (since I've already added a couple extra fans already) if it will make it work with a better cpu.. Currently installed in the system is a low-profile Gigabit Lan in the pcie x1 and a fanless Radeon HD 6450, with Win10 Pro on a Team L3 120gb SSD running 4gb DDR2 Dual Channel Value Memory and a DL DVDRW+ from Plextor. Thanks again for your time in responding to my dilemma, it is much appreciated! :)