Black screen with cursor after loading bios.

Go to solution Solved by ManIkWeet,

Try booting in safe mode, do a clean driver removal (for both), boot normally, install driver...

So guys.. I had just put in my brand new r9 280x, everything working fine, downloaded the latest drivers and with no issues. I opened CS:GO to start benchmarking and the screen went black. So I restarted my computer and the card will show the uefi bios perfectly fine, but when it goes on to load the windows login screen all I get is a black screen where all I can see is my cursor (as well as move it around). I have tried going back onto my old Quadro FX 580 (which displays perfectly fine) and uninstall/reinstall driver but to no avail, getting the same problem once I switch back to the 280x.

My Computer parts:

Gigabyte 990FX-UD3 (rev 4.1)

AMD FX 8320

Sapphire R9 280x

SeaSonic M12II 750W Bronze 80+

running on Windows 8.1 64-bit

Try booting in safe mode, do a clean driver removal (for both), boot normally, install driver...

Will do, I will post if it has fixed the issue

I love you for many centuries haha. But really this was my first rig I've built and it was perfect until this hiccup but what you suggested fixed it. Thank you!

I love you for many centuries haha. But really this was my first rig I've built and it was perfect until this hiccup but what you suggested fixed it. Thank you!

You're welcome sir :)