Mac OS Yosemite Sharing to Windows 7

Hi, I'm trying to share files and folders over a network between Windows 7 and Mac OS Yosemite. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this, the computer that has the Mac OS will not show up on my network under Windows 7, and I'm not sure how to see files from the Mac point of view. Please halp/help thanks 

Hi, I'm trying to share files and folders over a network between Windows 7 and Mac OS Yosemite. I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this, the computer that has the Mac OS will not show up on my network under Windows 7, and I'm not sure how to see files from the Mac point of view. Please halp/help thanks 

On the Mac go into System Preferences and then Sharing . Make sure file sharing is checked and go into the options menu on the right hand side. In the options make sure both SMB and AFP are checked as well as the account you wish to share to the Windows Computer. In the sharing menu you may need to add shared folder of what you want to share between the Mac and PC.

This is how my setting are set and I can access my Mac from my Windows 7 PC and my PC from my Mac.

post-206-0-84533900-1428996528.png

post-206-0-42014600-1428996530.png

post-206-0-91863300-1428996531.png

On the Mac go into System Preferences and then Sharing . Make sure file sharing is checked and go into the options menu on the right hand side. In the options make sure both SMB and AFP are checked as well as the account you wish to share to the Windows Computer. In the sharing menu you may need to add shared folder of what you want to share between the Mac and PC.

This is how my setting are set and I can access my Mac from my Windows 7 PC and my PC from my Mac.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-14 at 4.50.53 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-14 at 4.51.09 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2015-04-14 at 4.51.29 pm.png

did that exact same thing and it didn't work

@Yames

Have you tried to connect to the Mac through its IP?
If not try in the search bar in the start menu in the form \\192.168.x.x 
If that doesn't work I don't have any other ideas as I set this a quite a while ago and it just works.