GTX 970 low usage on most games

This is my first forum post but don't worry I'm not a computer noob. I have recently purchased a gtx 970 Gigabyte G1 video card that has not performed as expected, i have overclocked the card +125 MHZ without any fragmenting or crashes and am quite happy with that. However, when i run gpu-z or MSI afterburner while gaming the card does not once get over 80% and seldom gets over 50%. Now before you say that the card is being bottle necked I have proof otherwise. My CPU is an 8320 @ 4.3 GHz and my primary drive is an 840 evo. When I monitor the CPU I get very solid numbers around 80% at most in games like BF4 and Far cry 4. While this is happening I average around 70fps in bf4 while around 60 in fc4 (both in 1080p). The games are not in V-sync either so that can be eliminated. I game on a 144Hz monitor and the games are adjusted accordingly. Sometimes when i use the DSR feature that nvidia has the GPU will have a higher usage and even get higher average fps with a greater resolution which is mind bogling. I simply cannot figure out why nothing is topped out yet it is capping at below 100%? I have tweaked setting for hours on end ( including but not limited to power consumption, alternate voltage clocks, and alternate core clocks) and scoured every forum that I could find for the solution to this issue.... but no cigar. I did find a petition to send to Nvidia to fix issues like this and have seen a 200 page forum about it but still nothing. I have been trying to fix this for months and greatly appreciate any help I can get.

This is my first forum post but don't worry I'm not a computer noob. I have recently purchased a gtx 970 Gigabyte G1 video card that has not performed as expected, i have overclocked the card +125 MHZ without any fragmenting or crashes and am quite happy with that. However, when i run gpu-z or MSI afterburner while gaming the card does not once get over 80% and seldom gets over 50%. Now before you say that the card is being bottle necked I have proof otherwise. My CPU is an 8320 @ 4.3 GHz and my primary drive is an 840 evo. When I monitor the CPU I get very solid numbers around 80% at most in games like BF4 and Far cry 4. While this is happening I average around 70fps in bf4 while around 60 in fc4 (both in 1080p). The games are not in V-sync either so that can be eliminated. I game on a 144Hz monitor and the games are adjusted accordingly. Sometimes when i use the DSR feature that nvidia has the GPU will have a higher usage and even get higher average fps with a greater resolution which is mind bogling. I simply cannot figure out why nothing is topped out yet it is capping at below 100%? I have tweaked setting for hours on end ( including but not limited to power consumption, alternate voltage clocks, and alternate core clocks) and scoured every forum that I could find for the solution to this issue.... but no cigar. I did find a petition to send to Nvidia to fix issues like this and have seen a 200 page forum about it but still nothing. I have been trying to fix this for months and greatly appreciate any help I can get.

Didn't know GPU's had fragmentation.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

You can probably bump up settings if you want. This will use more of your 970. Everything will look nicer :)

Main Build: i7 4790k Cooled with H100i, Asus z97-Pro (Wifi AC), 16gb 1866MHz Hyper-X RAM, Msi GTX 660 Twin Frozer, 120GB Samsung 840 Evo500GB WD Blue Drive, 1TB WD Black, Antec 620 Watt Semimodular PSU, Monitors: Asus VG248QE, Acer LCD X203W

OK so I should have addessed that there is no msaa on and the only ultra preset is mesh on bf4. And yesterday I got back on bf4 after the new driver came out and I did not get above 60fps. So are you saying that the only way for the GPU to be on "full load" would be to have all the vram full? If that is the case (which it definitely could be) I don't get why benchmarks like heaven have given me 100% usage while only using about .5 gb of vram. Thank you guys for the quick reply.

Didn't know GPU's had fragmentation.

I meant to say it had no artifacts when testing, sorry for the confusion.

What is your cpu usage while playing bf4? If it is 100% then you might have a bottle neck there. Basically your card is waiting for your cpu.

Dero i know see where you say cpu usage is at 80.