can some one please help me i really don't know what to do.

johnpauldoris

i'm trying to make a super super simple text based game but i ran into this issue and i really don't know what to do. 

string name;            Console.WriteLine("when you see a word like in qoutations 'example' they are your options");            Console.WriteLine("enter name");            name = Console.ReadLine();            charater.name = (name);             Console.Write("hey private " + name);            Console.WriteLine(" 'wake up' you fool you need to go a get your rifle or you can 'sleep' and die");                       string wakeup = Console.ReadLine();            if (wakeup.ToLower() == "wake up" )            {                Console.WriteLine("As you ran out of the living quaters the building started to smoke the all of a");                Console.WriteLine("sudden the building expoled. You suddenly feel worried then you start to freak out");                Console.WriteLine("you fell as if you lost your gun you reach for it and you are relived to feel the");                Console.WriteLine("wood of your m1 grand rifle but just as you feel the comfotable you hear bullets wizz");                Console.WriteLine("past your head. You can 'run' or you can 'fight'");                string flightorfight = Console.ReadLine();                if (flightorfight.ToLower() == "run");       ( [i]it is saying here i have a possible mistaken empty statement[/i]​)                {                    Console.WriteLine("You have ran as far as your lungs could have taken you, you look back to see that");                    Console.WriteLine("your friend is no where to be seen then you hear a voice it is your friend he lived");                    Console.WriteLine("but sadlly he was injured from a bullet hitting his leg so you help him to walk");                    Console.ReadLine();                 }                 if (flightorfight.ToLower() == "fight");    here as well  ( [i]it is saying here i have a possible mistaken empty statement[/i])                  {                     Console.WriteLine("test");                    Console.ReadLine();                }            }            if (wakeup.ToLower() == "sleep" )            {                Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red;                Console.WriteLine("sorry you have died you will have to restart");                Thread.Sleep(5000);            }                      }    }}
Edited by alpenwasser
code tags :)

off topic but you might want to throw that in a spoiler so it doesn't create a wall of test 

text

[/ spoiler]

just get rid of the space between / and spoiler 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Get rid of the semicolons at the end of the if statements.

and use code tags.

off topic but you might want to throw that in a spoiler so it doesn't create a wall of test 

text

[/ spoiler]

just get rid of the space between / and spoiler 

i really don't understand what you mean "spoiler " ? what ? 

and use code tags.

i'm new to coding so ya i don't know what you mean by code tags 

i really don't understand what you mean "spoiler " ? what ? 

this is a spoiler 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

and use code tags.

never mind i did what you said to do thank you so much. 

i'm new to coding so ya i don't know what you mean by code tags

Posting code in the forums destroys formatting, using code tags makes it easier to read. Use them the same way as the spoiler tags.

[c ode]

code here

[/ code]

Posting code in the forums destroys formatting, using code tags makes it easier to read. Use them the same way as the spoiler tags.

[c ode]

code here

[/ code]

thank you sorry about the wall of text i will remember for next time. again sorry.