Share your first laptop story!

Hey Guys!

Been a while since I last posted, oops.

As an update to my previous post a long while ago (Work and School = no play 馃槥聽) I was able to narrow down the info on my childhood laptop!

As nice as it is too know the model, it was soo uncommon that I will likely never find another.

I have a blurry photo that must have backed up from my ancient Samsung to Google聽(See Attached) when I was younger, and using that I was able to confirm the model!

It was a Sylvania Synet51601x in Dark Blue !!! (Or for my abroad friends, a Foxconn SZ901P.)

Unfortunately these were NOT聽popular in the US and are hard to find (I got mine new in box from a family friend back in the late 2000's as a Christmas gift).

Although I own a few PC's now that would make this look like an oversized calculator, I have been searching for one and desperately want one back for nostalgia and modding purposes.

(If anyone happens to come across one I would greatly appreciate the help!)

What interesting stories do you have about your first laptop or desktop?

IMG_20130102_1817582.jpg

Spoiler

Gaijin-Oni:聽

• CPU
    Ryzen 7 5800x
  • Motherboard
    MSI MPG B550 GAMING PLUS
  • RAM
    Corsair 4x8GB 3200MHz Vengeance RGB Pro
  • GPU
    RX 7900 XT
  • Case
    Cooler Master Masterbox 5
  • Storage
    1TB WD BLACK SN850 NVME
    1x 8TB Seagate Drives (Shucked)
    2x 1TB HP SSD's
  • PSU
    EVGA 1000w PSU
  • Display(s)
    Viotek 1440p 144hz 27in
    LG 4K 32in
    Acer 1080p 27in
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i Capellix
  • Keyboard
    Red Dragon K552 Modded
  • Mouse
    Corsair M65 Elite
  • Sound
    SoundBlaster Pro Audigy (Sennheiser HDXX's)
  • Operating System
    Windows 11 64-bit

45 minutes ago, SHAD0WxF1R3 said:

Hey Guys!

Been a while since I last posted, oops.

As an update to my previous post a long while ago (Work and School = no play 馃槥聽) I was able to narrow down the info on my childhood laptop!

As nice as it is too know the model, it was soo uncommon that I will likely never find another.

I have a blurry photo that must have backed up from my ancient Samsung to Google聽(See Attached) when I was younger, and using that I was able to confirm the model!

It was a Sylvania Synet51601x in Dark Blue !!! (Or for my abroad friends, a Foxconn SZ901P.)

Unfortunately these were NOT聽popular in the US and are hard to find (I got mine new in box from a family friend back in the late 2000's as a Christmas gift).

Although I own a few PC's now that would make this look like an oversized calculator, I have been searching for one and desperately want one back for nostalgia and modding purposes.

(If anyone happens to come across one I would greatly appreciate the help!)

What interesting stories do you have about your first laptop or desktop?

IMG_20130102_1817582.jpg

I got my first laptop when I was 10. It was a shared family laptop but I used it the most for playing games (mostly roblox). Ran it for about 7 years before it started being weird. After a fresh windows install. Works like a charm. Still works today (been about 8 years now)

My First PC
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
Cooler: Asus TUF Gaming LC240
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B550-f gaming
RAM: 4x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RS (3200 MHz, CL16)
Storage: 1tb Samsung 980 Pro
Graphics Card: Asus Dual RTX 2060 OC
Case: Deepcool Matrexx 50
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x
Headset: Razer Blackshark V2
Keyboard: Corsair K70 Pro Mini (Speed Silver switches)
Mouse: Razer Viper Mini
Only changes I have made is I sold the 2060 for $235 AUD and bought a Powercolor Red Devil 6700 XT for $400 second hand (it was barely used, think I scored a deal on Ebay with that).
I'm learning video editing and trying to get some cash as a high school student.
I like F1, my favourite team is Scuderia Ferrari and favourite driver is Charles Leclerc. Favourite track is Red Bull Ring in Austria.
Playing with a 1080p 60hz monitor right now, hoping to upgrade to a 1440p 144hz one soon.

Living in AU and that pisses me off since every event is late at night or early in the morning (almost every F1 race starts around 11 PM AEST time)

My first laptop was a hand me down from my cousin. It was an Asus ROG laptop of some sort at 16 inch display and with a 660m gpu. I recall the model number being something along the lines of G##VW. He gave me the laptop because the charging port was broken and he got a new laptop, I had to pay like 150 dollars for the new charger port off of ebay and then have it installed. This was my first machine with a dedicated GPU.聽

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: 聽Intel Core i7-14700K
CPU Cooler: Deepcool LT720
Motherboard: MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000

Storage 1:聽Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB

Storage 2:聽Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB
Video Card: EVGA XC3 ULTRA GAMING GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x2)
Monitor Main: MSI G274QPF-QD 27.0" 2560 x 1440 170 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

My first Laptop was a Sony waio. I still have it, however, it randomly turns off and sometimes does not boot. it also does not hold any charge. My mother gave it to me after she got a Lenovo yoga in 2016.

FsblgjwXwAoux9F.jpg

15 hours ago, ChaitanyaDS said:

My first Laptop was a Sony waio. I still have it, however, it randomly turns off and sometimes does not boot. it also does not hold any charge. My mother gave it to me after she got a Lenovo yoga in 2016.

FsblgjwXwAoux9F.jpg

The first family laptop from when I was born was also a Sony VAIO, but one of the ones where all the buttons were a rubber strip. My dad had got it just so we had a computer. The wifi card must've went out because when we still used it I remember we had to use a USB Wifi adapter. It held tons of old pictures and videos that I've since gotten off and onto other more reliable means of storage. My first personal laptop was an Asus G14, which I used for school and gaming.

image.png