Alright so around 3 years ago I bought a launchpad pro, I was trying to break into the music industry, I was okay and in the end it sat on my shelf collecting dust. However since I am now running out of keys for my blender workflow (video editing, 3D modeling, and physics testing), I wanted a macro solution, and I could either spend $50 on a macro pad that only provides 44 keys, or I could dust off my old launchpad pro and theoretically have 536 (520 for other launchpads). I tried midi key2key a free program that allows you could map midi inputs as actions or series' of keys, but it didn't work. I saw a program that did work (NewTek Tricaster software), but the cheapest license was $995... for an educational license. So I did some more digging and found bome midi translator pro, A software that is ~$65 and is a bit difficult to work with (there is a playlist by bome software for tutorials Here), and I know that it works because I have evidence of a man using it for premiere and saying that he was using midi translator to get it working. (video here) but If I could get it to work, since I already have a launchpad pro on hand, that's 536 Macro keys on the cheap and since 65/536=0.12126866 that is effectively $0.12 per macro. Even if you bought a new launchpad mini mk3 for $110, (110+65)/520=0.33653846 ~$0.34 per macro. I am genuinely surprised as to why Taran VH hasn't made a video on it yet, I'm pretty sure he'd be all over it, a shitload of macro keys on the cheap.

Edit: LPHK also doesn't work.

Hi DGC, thanks for sharing! We at Bome acknowledge that for most users, there is a steep learning curve for setting up macros in Bome MIDI Translator Pro, so in addition to the video tutorials which you've linked to, we assist everyone in our forum: Steve, our translation expert, will guide you to a solution:

https://www.bome.com/support/kb

Thanks!

Florian

Bome Software