x370 Taichi Error Code b2 (inconsistent boot)

Lewellyn

x370 taichi, ryzen 1700, hyper x fury 2666, gigabyte gtx 970, corsair rm 750

My computer was running fine beforehand.

I was installing a hyper 212x cooler on the cpu and then it wouldn't post. Dripped some thermal compound (cooler master) on the board but only on the plastic.

Post debug code b2 (misread initially as 62, but it's b2). I went through the process of reseating the cpu, ram, and gpu. My computer boots sometimes now and stays on but need some time to see if there is an issue of crashing.

I found this thread on it and a few others. Is it about the boot device? Or is it about the gpu slot? I have my windows install on an m.2. https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?92442-Q-Code-Error-Code-B2

Just wanting some input.

EDIT : The problem hasn't come up now that I upgraded to a new graphics card. So it was either a seating issue (I did reseat it) or it was some weird glitch with the GPU ROM initialization for my particular system.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Forgot to add:

I cleared the CMOS every now and then between switching parts. There's a button on the back IO, I took the battery out, and I switched the onboard shorting switch of 3 prongs.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.