Budget (including currency): NA
Country: Philippines (US prices + 20-30%)
Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:
- 1080p/144hz Gaming at max setting (probably 1440p in late 2021). Mostly single player/story/RPG/RTS games
- Programming (minimal concern, even with my current setup still satisfy my needs here)
- 500GB SSD
I've prepared 2 "ITX"/RGB builds:
- AMD (1100 USD) = CPU upgrade (Ryzen 7 - 2021/2022) (full cpu/mobo/ram upgrade - 2027)
- Intel (1300 USD) = cpu/mobo/ram upgrade - 2025
+ 500-600 USD AMD/Nvidia GPU (Late 2020)
I'll probably go toward the AMD build since the 200usd diff can be added toward a Ryzen 7 in 2021/22 that hopefully can beat or par with the current 2020 I9/Ryzen 9 lineup. (or even a newer budget ryzen 3 again, depending on how long they support the b550)
1. Are my thinking points above reasonable?
2. I really like the H210/i and X53, but also plan to use QL120s to replace all fans. Should I just get the cheaper H210 (non-i) then buy those 3-pack QLs with controller? I was just reading that each manufacturer have its own RGB software, so I really want to avoid using multiple sw.
3. Should I go for 3600/4000mhz memory, if I want to keep the memory for the next 5yrs?
NOTE: This PC is planned to have RGB, AIO, and ITX, as I've never tried these.