I have some problems with my AMD setup when gaming, that can't seem to get solved.
After a few days of intensive searching, I hope I can get some help here because I'm all out of ideas.
The problem, simply put, is that in games, I get stuttering while having a high FPS rate (far above 60fps that is).
This is the most obvious and frequent in PUBG. I also notice it in CS:GO (but it's rare) and sometimes when doing a Valley benchmarktest.
It looks like some frames are dropped, but I can't find any evidence of this in loggings.
I used to think my processor (I had a Ryzen 3 1200) was the issue, but after upgrading to a Ryzen 5 2600 I still have the same issues.
My complete setup:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: AMD RX Vega 56
SSD: SanDisk SSD Plus 240GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016)
USB: WD Elements 25A3 4TB (backup drive)
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB
MBD: Asrock AB350M Pro4
Monitor 1: ROG Strix XG258Q @ 244fps
Monitor 2: AOC G2460V @ 75fps
What I have tried so far:
- Lower in game settings, with no result. I play PUBG at low settings anyway.
- Deactivated tessallation mode in Radeon settings.
- Changed the FlipQueueSize to 0x3100 using Radeonmod
- Reinstalled all GPU drivers after a cleanup in safe mode
- Disabled Freesync & Adaptive Sync on my display
- Capping FPS to a max of 75fps
- Disable HDCP support
- Format C:/ drive and reinstall windows
- Moved the game from HDD to SSD and back, I also tried clean installs on both drives
- Gaming on one screen only, tried both of them
Nothing solved my problems. I still have to much stuttering/screendrops in PUBG to make it enjoyable, in CS:GO it's rare but annoying when it occurs.
The last few days, I also noticed that my main screen is sometimes flickering... Not too often and it never happens when gaming. It looks like "interference" for a second and then everything returns to normal.
Can somebody please help me? I would be very grateful... I looked for help everywhere and I'm getting to the point we're I'm getting hopeless and wanting to give people a reward for the solution.
If you need any further info, please don't hesitate to ask. I'll be happy to provide any info you might need.