Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited


This user doesn't have any awards

About MKeefeus

  • Title


  • CPU
    AMD FX-8350
  • Motherboard
    MSI 970 GAMING
  • RAM
    G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (x2)
  • GPU
    MSI R9 390 8GB
  • Case
    Corsair 300R
  • Storage
    OCZ ARC 100 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
  • PSU
    Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Home

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. MKeefeus

    Best 1080p 120hz GPU

    I mostly play Apex Legends, Rainbow Six: Siege, and Warframe. Im looking to buy a new Nvidia GPU that will run all of those at 1080p 120fps. I would like to also use NVENC to stream the gameplay at the same time (I know that NVENC on my current machine with a 1660 takes ~15% GPU power so that leaves 85% for the games). Which GPU should I get?
  2. I just put together a new build with a 1x8gb stick of DDR4. I then remebered that I had an old 2x4 set laying around, so I put that in so I could return the other ram to save some cash. The problem is it only sees 6 gb in windows, although the bios sees the full 8gb. Do I need to do a full system reinstall to fix this. Ive attached a screenshot of task manager to show my problem
  3. So I am currently running 8gb of ddr4, but am starting to run into situations where thats not enough. The ram I have now is this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013J7PF5K/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and I want to add more ram, but that particular kit is a little expensive compared to some others, and my CPU cooler is semi blocking one of my ram slots, so I have 2 questions. 1) Do I need the same RAM, same speed, or neither 2) Would I have an issue adding 1 more 4gb or 8gb stick rather then running a dual channel kit
  4. MKeefeus

    Safe OC temperatures

    Average or Max temp under 85?
  5. I'm trying to overclock my 7700k and realized I dont really know what temperatures are considered safe. What temps should I try to keep the CPU under while stress testing? I have a beQuiet Dark Rock 3 (not pro) for a cpu cooler
  6. MKeefeus

    OS for Plex Server

    I'm planning on turning an old computer into a media server that I will leave on. I was originally going to use Ubuntu but wanted to know if there is a power draw advantage to using something like FreeBSD instead. The old computer is some old eMachines desktop that had Vista on it
  7. Im upgrading a friends laptop as a surprise. She currently is running windows 7 with 4 gb of ram and a HDD. I know I'm gonna put in an SSD, but I can't decide if I should get a 250GB capacity drive and put in 4 more gigs of ram, she currently has 4gb, or a 500GB SSD and leave the RAM as is. The only games she plays are League of Legends and Skyrim, and doesnt use the computer for any sort of difficult work.
  8. MKeefeus

    Matching Laptop Memory?

    I know there is an empty slot, I had taken it apart before
  9. I'm trying to upgrade a friends laptop as a surprise. The laptop has 1 4gb stick and I want to ad 4 more gigs, but I don't know exactly what stick it is. Do they need to mach perfectly or is having the same speed and such good enough
  10. MKeefeus

    GT 1030 vs Intel Integrated

    Is a gt 1030 a significant improvement over intel integrated graphics from a netflix/light gaming standpoint? (Games like league, overwatch, skyrim)
  11. MKeefeus

    850 EVO good choice?

    I dont think my laptop can support an NVMe drive, otherwise I would go for that
  12. MKeefeus

    850 EVO good choice?

    Im looking to throw an m.2 drive into the HP laptop that I bought, The HDD startup times are driving me crazy. I'm looking at this drive http://a.co/gFfcJ2c but am concerned for it's longevity because its has TLC flash, rather then MLC. Is this drive a good choice?
  13. Why does nothing seem to use t series processors? I feel like t series would go great in a laptop, because of their low power consumption, but would have more cores then intel's u series lineup. So what don't I know that stops this from happening?
  14. Watching all the Ryzen Threadripper videos today I found myself wondering, when comparing the Ryzen 1900x and the Core i7 7820x, Would the extra PCIe lanes of the Ryzen chip compensate for its worse single threaded performance when running a SLI or Crossfire setup? I realize that the 1900x wont be released till the end of the month, but these 2 chips are right at the entry level of high end desktop and the extra PCIe lanes of Ryzen sounds very appealing for anyone looking to set up multi GPU systems. Might be a good thing to test out after the 1900x releases.
  15. MKeefeus

    7500U vs 7200U

    The i7 models generally have more RAM, but im fine with 8gb for my uses