Just upgraded my MB, CPU and RAM, and one of my existing HDD (Samsung Spinpoint 2TB) is now not recognized in the BIOS (or Windows). It worked fine on the previous system.
My current system:
MB: Asus ROG Strix 450-i (upgraded)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 (upgraded) cooled by NH-L12s
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600 (2x8GB) (upgraded)
SSD: Crucial BX100 500GB
HDD1: Samsung Spinpoint 500GB
HDD2: Samsung Spinpoint 2TB (the one which is not recognized)
GPU: Nvidia Geforce 1070
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 520 Bronze
OS: Windows 10 Home 1909
Initial fault finding:
- tried connecting the unrecognized 2TB HDD to all 4 SATA inputs on the MB to ensure it wasn't an MB I/O issue, the SSD and the 500GB HDD work fine and on all these
- tried switching the SATA cables between the unrecognized 2TB HDD and the other 2 drives to ensure it wasn't a cable issue
- tried connecting the 2TB HDD on its own and then with the SSD only
- tried clearing CMOS and restoring all BIOS settings to default
- updated the Asus BIOS to the latest version (3004) and the chipset driver in windows.
- Lastly I put the 2TB HDD in an external enclosure and connecting it to the same PC via USB while in windows. It worked fine and shows all the files, so the drive itself is functional... weird?!?
None of the above worked (oh forgot, I've turned the pc off and on again many, many, many times.... )
So basically I'm at a complete loss... ideas???