Eunji's EP, The Space, features her next exploration into her solo career, with her new title track, The Spring, a ballad made for thinking about the season of Spring. I am a huge fan of Eunji due to her amazing voice, and I put Eunji as South Korea's #1 vocalist. Her voice is also unique and soothing with a cool tone to it. I can't wait to listen to this EP and share my thoughts on each song. I have chosen to leave out the piano version of The Spring due to it being relatively the same as the original mix.
- 0:00 - Absolutely beautiful beginning to the song with some windchimes and a warm guitar to bring the atmosphere to the listener's ears.
- 0:20 - Eunji's vocals effortlessly flow into the song, with the background guitar giving her vocals some body and warmth. She has an absolutely beautiful voice.
- 0:40 - The background starts to pick up a lot more here which anticipates the chorus to be a sweet release. Eunji's vocals remain front and center, with the background accordion still flowing through the song. The gentle "oooo" vocals underneath give Eunji's vocals priority and elevate the character of the song in this section.
- 1:02 - The beautiful, melodic, and soothing mix of accordion, guitar, delicate claps, and of course Eunji's warm and inviting vocals create this absolutely magnificent chorus. The subvocals also give Eunji's main vocals some flair and body to stand out even further from the background composition.
- 1:45 - The guitar returns here with a light piano, whilst still giving Eunji's vocals the front of the stage for an amazing, soothing rhythmic second verse.
- 2:30 - This second verse gives even more soul and tone to Eunji's vocals, going a higher register than the first chorus whilst also increasing the tone for the accordion, interestingly keeping the guitar at a more floored tone. This is a beautiful elavation from the first chorus.
- 2:50 - The simple composition of the guitars to give Eunji's vocals some flow and body is an excellent choice here. Eunji's vocals are amazingly well presented and makes the listener appreciate her talent a lot more.
- 0:22 - Eunji's vocals really pop here combined with the simple kickdrum and the guitar strokes. Jineon's warm, husky vocals contrast Eunji's heavenly soft vocals in an amazing way here. Especially when they harmonize.
- 1:03 - The harmony between Eunji and Jineon is so beautiful, especially when the balld here is so muted on the background composition, only having a simple guitar strum and some minor background harmonies to give the vocals some more body.
- 2:08 - This enhanced chorus is so beautiful with the mirrored harmony of the two vocalist, again with the simple background composition.
- 3:00 - This beautiful, simple humming is given so much body with the undertone and once again with the simple guitar strumming. This is such a classic ballad that accentuates the talent from Eunji and Jineon.
- 0:15 - This faster-paced start begins with an interesting electric guitar with some higher-toned beats and of course Eunji's vocals in the front.
- 0:45 - A drum is introduced here which is interesting as it accompanies that electric guitar, even though this song has a ballad feel to it. Eunji's vocals only promote the ballad side which is an interesting contract to the otherwise rock-inspired background instrumentals composition.
- 1:00 - The rock-inspired instrumentals effortlessly accompany the beautiful vocals of Eunji somehow, it's a really interesting contrast.
- 2:52 - This acapella with the muted instrumentals is an interesting change from the original cues of the song, Eunji's vocals are so beautiful here as she reaches the high note. The song really makes us focus on her vocals a lot here, and re-introduces the instrumentals as she reaches the climax of her high notes.
- 0:20 - The simple acoustic guitar strumming combined with Eunji's soft vocals creates a soft, calm atmosphere that is so comfortable to listen to.
- 0:48 - An electric guitar is introduced here to elevate the composition, as well as a few violins to further accompany Eunji's vocals. It's a beautiful composition that elevates Eunji's vocals.
- 1:35 - The background composition here is very orchestra-like especially when accompanying Eunji's beautiful vocals. It's almost theatre-like.
- 2:05 - The whole theatre vibe is further accentuated here with the beautiful mix of guitars and violins to side by Eunji's beautiful and powerful vocals.
- 2:58 - Eunji's power vocals shine here with the background elevating her voice a lot to the ceiling, it's a beautiful and powerful composition.
Eunji did not disappoint with this EP. All the songs on it are absolutely beautiful to listen to, her vocals always take the center of the stage with the instrumentals, no matter how intense, are always second to her calming, soothing voice.
My favorite song of the album is The Spring, I absolutely love the calm composition and the way she sings it really does make me think about the glories of the season Spring and everything about it. A very soothing song indeed.
I also particularly like First Farewell for the interesting harmony between Eunji and Jineon. Their voices are so unique and contrast each other nicely, which creates a nice divide and beautiful harmony at the same time. This combined with the simple guitar instrumental makes First Farewell a beautifully constructed song.
I love this album so much, I can tell Eunji gave this album so much love and effort and it shows in the quality of each song. Eunji is such a national treasure.