RivaTuner (RTSS) 6.0.0 with 64-bit OSD Coming Mid-December

stevv

It was going to happen sooner or later, but MSI quickened it up.  Only thing, available for MSI Afterburner (and other non-competing software) only for first 9 months.

post-7162-0-14516900-1386958281.jpg

Some words on the next version development:

As I previously announced, we've got a deal with MSI on sponsoring 64-bit RTSS development so I've already stated working on it and we can expect working RTSS 6.0.0 with 64-bit OSD and screen/video capture support somewhere in the middle of December. There will be no other new features neither in AB nor in RTSS besides that, 64-bit support itself is rather massive task.
Also, as I said before, 64-bit OSD will be exclusively available to MSI Afterburner users only during 9 months after release. It means that I won't be able to provide 64-bit OSD support to any other overclocking tools I develop (so it won't be available in Precision X or any other tool I develop during 9 months of exclusivity period). However, MSI were kind enough to allow 64-bit RTSS OSD usage for other hardware monitoring tools which do not compete with Afterburner directly. So you'll still be able to see OSD in 64-bit applications if you use RTSS in conjunction with HwInfo or AIDA.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4701019&postcount=13

My Rigs (past and present)

At least its coming so I can use with bf4.

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

Yea its already out, i tried it the other day but it doesnt want to work. As soon as i press the osd hotkey BF4 completely crashes.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yea its already out, i tried it the other day but it doesnt want to work. As soon as i press the osd hotkey BF4 completely crashes.

What beta version is 64bit supported?

Great that they are the only popular one that is working on a 64bit OSD. Great job for MSI in making this happen. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I guess still "beta"?  where to get it?

The latest beta version of RTSS can be found here: http://archive.sunet.se/pub/games/PC/guru3d/rtss/RTSSSetup600Beta4-Guru3d.rar

SPECS: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | G.SKILL DDR4-3600 CL16 (4x8GB) | ROG Strix X570-E Gaming | Asus STRIX RTX 2080 Super OC | Samsung 980 Pro (OS)| Samsung 970 Evo Plus (Games) | Samsung 870 Evo (Data)
Peripherals: 1x Dell UltraSharp U3415W | 2x Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM | Edirol MA-15D | Sennheiser HD598 | G512 CARBON | Logitech G502

What is RTSS?

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/rtss_rivatuner_statistics_server_download.html

"On-Screen Display and high-performance video capture service provider for other graphics card utilities."  MSI afterburner, EVGA precision.. etc uses it.

Additionally, other software such as HWinfo can also use it to display other system information.  I use it to display CPU usage/temp and RAM stats in addition to the graphics card stats. 

here's an example video for BF4 (64bit):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75A4UUkl5as

The latest beta version of RTSS can be found here: http://archive.sunet.se/pub/games/PC/guru3d/rtss/RTSSSetup600Beta4-Guru3d.rar

Thanks.  checking it out now.

update:

Info is posted but no official download yet.

Version 6.0.0

• Added 64-bit applications support service. The service is optional and can be disabled in compatibility properties of RivaTuner
  • Statistics Server if necessary. Please take a note that 64-bit applications support service development is exclusively sponsored by
  • MSI, so due to licensing 64-bit On-Screen Display functionality is exclusively available in MSI Afterburner client application only.
  • Please refer to “Known issues” section to see the list of additional 64-bit functionality related limitations
  • Improved dedicated encoder server service:
    • Now the service is optional and can be disabled in compatibility properties of RivaTuner Statistics Server if necessary
    • Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the encoder server service are available and you can select preferred one in compatibility properties of RivaTuner Statistics Server
    • The service is no longer specific to external encoding plugins. Now dedicated encoding server can be used in any encoding scenario including but not limited to built-in encoding modes (uncompressed, MJPG and RTV1) or VFW encoding mode
    • Dedicated encoder server usage seriously extends the possibilities of prerecording to RAM due to performing encoding in separate address space. Now you can use up to 2GB of RAM for prerecord buffer when using 32-bit encoder server and >2GB of RAM for prerecord buffer when using 64-bit encoder server
  • Improved Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin:
    • Dedicated encoder service usage option has been removed from the plugin GUI, now it is available as independent option directly in video capture client application GUI
  • Added raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for DirectX 11.2 applications
  • Fixed issue causing wrong legacy index to be written to AVI files when recording multiple videos during single prerecording session
  • Fixed framerate calculation for Direct3D9 applications using multiple swap chains (e.g. Outlast)
  • Added On-Screen Display support for Direct3D11 applications using mixed Direct3D10/Direct3D11 rendering (e.g. Call of Duty :
  • Ghosts with NVIDIA APEX libraries)
  • Added French localization
  • Updated profiles list