Is hyperx supposed to be like this?

Earthrez244

A while ago a bought the hyperx cloud stinger for my Xbox one. But when I took them out of the box and plugged them in, they were louder on the right side. At first, I thought they were just a faulty pair, so I returned them and got the hyperx cloud 2, and once again, they were louder in my right ear. I flipped them around so my left ear was listening to my right earcup, and the right earcup was still louder. So it wasn’t a hearing problem. I tried windows sonic, but that seemed to make the cloud 2 worse, I tried these with both the stinger and the cloud 2. And they were both the same. I even tried listening to the same sound on both sides, but the right was still louder. So is this just a hyperx thing, or were both the headsets faulty?

Have you tried the headphones in another device?

Are you using the included dongle?

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

6 minutes ago, Slottr said:

Have you tried the headphones in another device?

Are you using the included dongle?

Yes I have used them on my switch and my phone and it has the same result. And the dongle won’t work on my Xbox so I can’t used it,  if you’re talking about the usb one.

11 minutes ago, Earthrez244 said:

Yes I have used them on my switch and my phone and it has the same result. And the dongle won’t work on my Xbox so I can’t used it,  if you’re talking about the usb one.

Dunno what to tell you then. I've owned a pair of cloud 2's for a few years with no issue, and have friends with them with no issue as well.

The fact it happened to you twice also makes me suspicious that its not the headset. Contact Kingston's customer support to see what they say

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

I didn't have this issue with my Cloud 2 with the 2 years I had them, 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Use EQ and just lower the dB on the right earcup :D Btw by how much louder? Is it like just slightly louder or like few times?
Based on this video: 

It is louder on right side.