Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New To Photography: Help To Choose Camera

 Share

Hi everyone..

I'm new, so be easy to me..

 

As the topic says, I was comparing Nikon D3400 vs Sony A3000 for my 1st camera to start..

Help me choose between them, or if you guys have any better recommendation at the  same price range, I'm open to it..

 

Thanks..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the Sony is a mirrorless camera, while the Nikon is a DSLR. That should be enough of a deciding factor for you to pick. I like DSLR but most people these days will probably point you towards a mirrorless, especially for a first camera. They're easy to use, easy to learn on, and almost always have a smaller form factor, so easier to travel with. Both choices are great. The D3400 has a 24MP sensor, while the Sony has a 20MP. For beginning and casual photography, you won't really notice a difference. Canon's Eos Rebel T7 is another to consider, but I think when comparing the two, most people go with the Nikon D3400 (however the opposite is true for the D5600 vs T7i).

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

Sony is a mirrorless camera, while the Nikon is a DSLR

Correct. I'm aware of that. Is the feature of D3400 for the easy image transfer to another device not worth to have? And its battery is worth 1200 shots..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

Is the feature of D3400 for the easy image transfer to another device not worth to have?

That depends how much you use your computer. If you carry a laptop around with you everywhere you go, then it probably won't matter. If you only ever have your phone and want the pictures on your phone at pretty much any time, then the ability to transfer images immediately is probably more important to you. I can almost guarantee you'll be happy with either camera. My sister has a D3400 and I've used it a few times. It's very easy to use, the auto features it has are pretty reliable, and the app is good. Not quite as featured as Canon's.

16 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

And its battery is worth 1200 shots..

This I can't speak to. I would say if all you do is take pictures and never change lenses or let the camera idle, you probably could. If you use it more normally, with breaks in between, and lens swaps, then I would imagine it would be closer to 800. Still very good. It also depends how much you go back to look at pictures you've taken and such. Their rating is most likely for straight shooting to make it look better. As any manufacturer would do.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mirrorless Vs DSLR is not and should not be a deciding factor in any way. People who think that are too stuck on looking at spec sheets and should probably use their cameras a bit more. 

 

I would actually steer a beginner towards either an entry level Canon dslr (not a nikon) or if you were to consider a mirrorless, a fuji camera over anything else.  Here is why: 

 

I am a Canon and fuji user myself, for an entry level camera, I would prefer Canon because all their cameras are fully compatibl with all their lenses, that isn't the case with nikon, whose d3x00 and d5x00 lack an in body af motor, thus not allowing you to use the majority of f mount glass, while that mostly includes older lenses, most of them are pretty well regarded and cheaper in the used market. Whatsmore, while the f mount is indeed much older, the market for ef lenses is simply deeper, so theres more supply of used glass which is cheaper to choose from. 

 

Additionally, with nikon and Canon, the d5x00 series and x00d series respectively are pretty much equivalent in the same generation, so going you'd be indifferent for going for one over the other as far as body tech is concerned. Now if you move into the more expensive stuff, that's another story. Also, entry level dslrs aren't really that bulky, even compared with mirrrorless cameras, and have advantages like longer battery life and reliability over them. 

 

The reason I'm happy recommending the x series cameras from fuji is a) the interface is more intuitive and easier for a beginner to understand photography and learn how to use a camera properly. b) their lens system is comprehensive and excellent for crop sensor, which means even if you were to upgrade to something like an xt3 or xh1 down the line, you wouldn't need to exchange any lenses you will have accumulated. 

 

So my recommendation would be either an 800d from Canon, which is an excellent little camera and pretty cheap, especially if you look at used options, which when shopping for camera equipment you should always do, because the value proposition is immense and you are very unlikely to end up with a bad one if you know where to look, namely delaers of used photo equipment, or ebay users with good ratings. I have bought a very small number of things new, everything I currently use on my canon kit was used and I have had no issues with any of it. 

 

On the fuji side, the xt100 is a great little camera, but I would rather go with an xe3 or xt20 myself, if I were to find a good deal. 

 

On both systems, the kit lens is more than adequate for a beginner. You can look into expanding your glass selection as you get more into it, not when you first start out.  

 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the most thing to have from a camera for an amateur like me?

I like the easy image transfer feature in the D3400, i think I will need it since I dont use laptop anymore.

How about that Canon T7?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, cc143 said:

Mirrorless Vs DSLR is not and should not be a deciding factor in any way. People who think that are too stuck on looking at spec sheets and should probably use their cameras a bit more. 

 

I would actually steer a beginner towards either an entry level Canon dslr (not a nikon) or if you were to consider a mirrorless, a fuji camera over anything else.  Here is why: 

 

I am a Canon and fuji user myself, for an entry level camera, I would prefer Canon because all their cameras are fully compatibl with all their lenses, that isn't the case with nikon, whose d3x00 and d5x00 lack an in body af motor, thus not allowing you to use the majority of f mount glass, while that mostly includes older lenses, most of them are pretty well regarded and cheaper in the used market. Whatsmore, while the f mount is indeed much older, the market for ef lenses is simply deeper, so theres more supply of used glass which is cheaper to choose from. 

 

Additionally, with nikon and Canon, the d5x00 series and x00d series respectively are pretty much equivalent in the same generation, so going you'd be indifferent for going for one over the other as far as body tech is concerned. Now if you move into the more expensive stuff, that's another story. Also, entry level dslrs aren't really that bulky, even compared with mirrrorless cameras, and have advantages like longer battery life and reliability over them. 

 

The reason I'm happy recommending the x series cameras from fuji is a) the interface is more intuitive and easier for a beginner to understand photography and learn how to use a camera properly. b) their lens system is comprehensive and excellent for crop sensor, which means even if you were to upgrade to something like an xt3 or xh1 down the line, you wouldn't need to exchange any lenses you will have accumulated. 

 

So my recommendation would be either an 800d from Canon, which is an excellent little camera and pretty cheap, especially if you look at used options, which when shopping for camera equipment you should always do, because the value proposition is immense and you are very unlikely to end up with a bad one if you know where to look, namely delaers of used photo equipment, or ebay users with good ratings. I have bought a very small number of things new, everything I currently use on my canon kit was used and I have had no issues with any of it. 

 

On the fuji side, the xt100 is a great little camera, but I would rather go with an xe3 or xt20 myself, if I were to find a good deal. 

 

On both systems, the kit lens is more than adequate for a beginner. You can look into expanding your glass selection as you get more into it, not when you first start out.  

 

Great informations! Thanks alot! I'll definitely take a look for them and see if the price is good for me..

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a small correction.  You can indeed use all the older Nikon AI-S and AF glass on a D3400.  You just won't be able to use the auto focus feature.  They all still work fine with manual focus.  I have an older D3100 as well as a D7000 and D7200.  I have a mix of AI-S, AF and AF-G glass and they all will interchange just fine between the bodies.  

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

Monitors: LG 34" Ultrawide    Samsung 28" 4k

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

I like the easy image transfer feature in the D3400, i think I will need it since I dont use laptop anymore.

How about that Canon T7?

 

4 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

It's very easy to use, the auto features it has are pretty reliable, and the app is good. Not quite as featured as Canon's.

Canon's app has a few more features to it besides just photo transfer, like remote shutter and such.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

 

[Under Construction]

 

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

 

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

 

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, cc143 said:

Mirrorless Vs DSLR is not and should not be a deciding factor in any way. People who think that are too stuck on looking at spec sheets and should probably use their cameras a bit more. 

 

I would actually steer a beginner towards either an entry level Canon dslr (not a nikon) or if you were to consider a mirrorless, a fuji camera over anything else.  Here is why: 

 

The reason I'm happy recommending the x series cameras from fuji is a) the interface is more intuitive and easier for a beginner to understand photography and learn how to use a camera properly. b) their lens system is comprehensive and excellent for crop sensor, which means even if you were to upgrade to something like an xt3 or xh1 down the line, you wouldn't need to exchange any lenses you will have accumulated. 

 

On the fuji side, the xt100 is a great little camera, but I would rather go with an xe3 or xt20 myself, if I were to find a good deal. 

 

 

I think Mirrorless vs DSLR is one of the most important deciding factors. There is a distinct change in shooting style between the camera styles, and I would say it is as important as how good the controls are. What would you consider more important than mirrorless vs dslr? Image quality? AF performance?

 

For @_Hustler_One_, I would second the reccomend for the Fuji cameras. I know, they are way out of your stated price bracket. If you need to stay on price, go with a Canon, I totally agree with @cc143 on that one. But the Fuji’s are easy to use, produce best in class JPEGs, and have great “low end” glass. Also I prefer mirrorless shooting. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Bustapalapeno said:

I think Mirrorless vs DSLR is one of the most important deciding factors. There is a distinct change in shooting style between the camera styles, and I would say it is as important as how good the controls are. What would you consider more important than mirrorless vs dslr? Image quality? AF performance?

 

For @_Hustler_One_, I would second the reccomend for the Fuji cameras. I know, they are way out of your stated price bracket. If you need to stay on price, go with a Canon, I totally agree with @cc143 on that one. But the Fuji’s are easy to use, produce best in class JPEGs, and have great “low end” glass. Also I prefer mirrorless shooting. 

IT DOESNT MATTER!

 

If you are a beginner, it doesn't matter what you get in your hands, ergonomics make a difference to me because I have been shooting for 15 years. I'm used to it. Its now muscle memory. The shooting style is also something adaptable. The truth is that the fact that so many people have been able to transitiion from dslrs to mirrorless and they could easily transition back demonstrates this fact. 

 

What you should consider is maximising what you get out of it. If I have a budget of $500, overall, I can beat the overall value I get by going for a dslr given the state of the market today. At the end of the day, whether its a mirrorless or dslr doesn't change the image you get. I hate to quote the angry photographer because he is a pseudo-intellectual idiot, but the truth is, there is no such thing as a mirrorless or dslr image.  

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, cc143 said:

IT DOESNT MATTER!

 

If you are a beginner, it doesn't matter what you get in your hands, ergonomics make a difference to me because I have been shooting for 15 years. I'm used to it. Its now muscle memory. The shooting style is also something adaptable. The truth is that the fact that so many people have been able to transitiion from dslrs to mirrorless and they could easily transition back demonstrates this fact. 

 

What you should consider is maximising what you get out of it. If I have a budget of $500, overall, I can beat the overall value I get by going for a dslr given the state of the market today. At the end of the day, whether its a mirrorless or dslr doesn't change the image you get. I hate to quote the angry photographer because he is a pseudo-intellectual idiot, but the truth is, there is no such thing as a mirrorless or dslr image.  

This is probably a debate for another time, but again I still thing there is a difference. Like if I forget to turn on manual ISO and I accidentally miss my exposure. Or trying to shoot video in bright sun. Or autofocus systems that differ between cameras. Or silent shooting during rehersals and weddings. Or being able to see my histogram in the viewfinder. No, it won't change the image I get out. But as a mostly amateur, the fun of shooting is just as important to me as my final image. 

 

But @cc143 you are right, there basically aren't good options in the mirrorless world. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cereal5 @cc143 @Bustapalapeno @Dxer I think I got one thing to concider about, mirrorless won't allow me to get the handling and all the manual setting features that is important to be mastered in photography which I'm sure I'm gonna go further into it.. so I think I'll find a reasonable price for either 800D or D3400 whichever cheaper, I might spend more once I'm ready to go further..

 

So is a used camera safe choice?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

@Cereal5 @cc143 @Bustapalapeno @Dxer I think I got one thing to concider about, mirrorless won't allow me to get the handling and all the manual setting features that is important to be mastered in photography which I'm sure I'm gonna go further into it.. so I think I'll find a reasonable price for either 800D or D3400 whichever cheaper, I might spend more once I'm ready to go further..

 

So is a used camera safe choice?

It definitely is. Go for the 800d or even the 750d over the d3400.

 

Also, that is the reason I recommended fujifilm, the interface is very intuitive in understanding what is going on and learning the logic behind photography. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing wrong buying used.  All my camera gear except for my Sigma 150-600mm lens is all used.  :D

 

Though when looking for an used camera, get a shutter count on it first.  Lower the better.  

And of course just use a little common sense when buying from private parties.  Check feedback and all that jazz.

 

CPU:   Ryzen 7  5800x      CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro       Motherboard:  Asus x570 TUF Plus      Memory:  32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000     

GPU:  EVGA RTX2070 Super XC Ultra        SSD: Crucial P5 1TB  PCIe NVMe             PSU: Corsair CX750       Case: Thermaltake View 71 TG RGB  

Monitors: LG 34" Ultrawide    Samsung 28" 4k

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, cc143 said:

It definitely is. Go for the 800d or even the 750d over the d3400.

 

Also, that is the reason I recommended fujifilm, the interface is very intuitive in understanding what is going on and learning the logic behind photography. 

How about their image quality? 800d vs d3400?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

How about their image quality? 800d vs d3400?

iq in these models won't be that different. The differences are more nuanced, AF system, other features like tiltable screens, touchscreen, better mobile control app etc. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Dxer said:

when looking for an used camera, get a shutter count on it first.

How can I get this informations out of the camera?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can get SD card adapters for iPhone and Android phones if the camera does not have built in apps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, cc143 said:

iq in these models won't be that different. The differences are more nuanced, AF system, other features like tiltable screens, touchscreen, better mobile control app etc. 

LOL I was looking for reviews about 800D vs D3400, and I can't find any of it but D3400 vs T7i.. So all those "D3400 vs T7i comparison" titles on google I skipped over, latter found that 800D is T7i, Canon why you do this?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

LOL I was looking for reviews about 800D vs D3400, and I can't find any of it but D3400 vs T7i.. So all those "D3400 vs T7i comparison" titles on google I skipped over, latter found that 800D is T7i, Canon why you do this?

Canon typically has 3 names for their lower tier cameras, and none of them make any sense. Canon does a lot of great things. Marketing isn’t always one of them, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

LOL I was looking for reviews about 800D vs D3400, and I can't find any of it but D3400 vs T7i.. So all those "D3400 vs T7i comparison" titles on google I skipped over, latter found that 800D is T7i, Canon why you do this?

They use the rebel monnicker in North American markets, I think its a continuity thing, the rebel 'brand' was in use in NA since film days and was as far as I know pretty well known. I'd imagine the the x00d series thing is for the rest of the world. Many manufacturers do this, most notably automotive. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

 

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

 

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×